2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Aquariums Etc  (Read 3959 times)

Offline UDJustin

• Adult
Aquariums Etc
« on: March 06, 2008, 22:07:22 »
I would just like to give some props to Joel over at aquariums etc. Everyone on here really seems to back him up and being that i just recently discovered his shop, with in the past few months, I find myself going there at least twice a week just to see the new shipments and bounce ideas off Joel. I recently decided I wanted to start building an aquarium just for seahorses. I went to Joel with some ideas for the aquarium since I wanted it to be tall for the the demands of the seahorses. Well to make a long story short we are still in the process of finding all the parts for the tank and the best place to get the tank from, I have to say Joel is the nicest LFS store owner I have ever met and the most willing to share his knowledge with you. He has more than exceeded my expectations and has done more work on locating custom quotes for me and various other things. I can't say enough about him. I really appreciate his store and would highly suggest him to anyone. Thanks again Joel you really are appreciated.
If you didn't know I'm kind of a big deal...

apelaston

Re: Aquariums Etc
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 19:30:13 »
Is the seahorse tank still in the making or up?

Offline UDJustin

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 20:49:09 »
well of course it is lol. I have the tank and the skimmer the llights just need to make the stand sump and rock work. Just been busy in school...

Offline jake

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 09:13:31 »
I was thinking of adding 2 to my reef tank and going with ultra peace full small reef fish. If you do it let us know. Make sure you have plenty of bugs. Where are you looking at buying them and how much?

Offline UDJustin

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 09:15:28 »
well i would order them from joel of course lolI just need to get on it and my 90 gallon :laugh:

Jacked21

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 14:11:53 »
Im very new to this hobby and have a small Saltwater Aquarium setup. I have been to Jacks and Petland and everyone is very nice and wants to talk about fish, but they have told me things that are not very good for someone just starting out and can lead them in the wrong direction very fast. I went to Aquariums Ect. and thought it was awesome. The guy that worked there, I dont remember his name, but he was incredibly knowledgable and helpful. I went back a few days later to ask some questions and Joel was there. He did'nt seem too friendly at first, but I probably understand why. I dont look too friendly myself from what I've been told. lol. Anyway, after speaking to him for about 10 minutes he started to really get very personable. He told me so so so much info in the span of about 30 minutes.

Offline Joel

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 14:26:15 »
yup, I'm a big jerk :laugh:

Happy to help any time and you'll find lots of really useful info here at Ohio Reef too.

Glad to see ya here...Joel

Jacked21

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 15:07:25 »
yup, I'm a big jerk :laugh:

Happy to help any time and you'll find lots of really useful info here at Ohio Reef too.

Glad to see ya here...Joel
Thanks Joel. I'll be there next friday. ;D

Offline jeblin

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 15:29:33 »
"...He did'nt seem too friendly at first, but I probably understand why...."

HAH...it wasn't just me!  :laugh:

Once you get past his gruff phase, he's a great person to do business with! So far, he hasn't steered anyone that I'm aware of down the wrong direction. I think its safe to say that he recognizes that if he takes care of you in the beginning (or atleast the beginning of you going into his shop), the more likely you are going to return the favor as your tank(s) propagate into multiple ones/larger ones/etc and you continue to purchase new livestock, drygoods, etc.

If it wasn't for sponsors like Joel (Aquariums Etc), we definitely would be a different club than we are today...and this is only my 2nd year on here  :)

Offline rayviv

• Here fishy, fishy.
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 22:48:33 »
 Seems the speech police  didn't like what I had to say. HOW JUVENILE! Let me refresh That I spoke highly of his knowledge and he would not steer anyone wrong. I also stated that I did not intend any sarcasm. Obviously
I'm not one of the clique and if I cant speak freely and honestly I'm not sure I want to be.
 Sincerely, Rev. Raymond Norton
The mind is a wonderful servant but a dangerous master!

Offline Joel

• Adult
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 23:07:28 »
THe problem with your post was that you told a very short, one sided story.

PM sent - feelings shared

Offline verper

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 18:14:02 »
Seems the speech police  didn't like what I had to say.

The problem with your initial post was that you never gave the sponsor:

a) knowledge that there was a problem
b) an attempt to rectify said problem

That is considered bashing or flaming on this site.  To do it any other way is not fair to the sponsors.  I don't like to censor posts but we want to keep things positive on this forum and adhear to Rule Number One.  http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4139.0   So far it has worked pretty well.