2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: another cap bleaching fast  (Read 1524 times)

Offline larrynews

another cap bleaching fast
« on: December 29, 2010, 12:32:22 »
here is a picture, can anyone see anything, only the caps have done this one at a time....i'm going to dip this and frag it to see what happens.....look close and let me  know if you see anything.water and everything is the same as its been for years.....
thanks
larry

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
Re: another cap bleaching fast
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 13:18:28 »
Whats your CA?

Offline larrynews

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 13:58:39 »
usually about 450, thats where it stays but i will check it, i took out the cap broke a bunch of frags off, and soaked them in rx, i think thats what i have,and a bunch of mini brittle stars came off, for what thats worth

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 18:02:51 »
check your alk level also.   caps seem to be real suspectable to alk but it is usually a slow color loss.   I think that it looks more like chemical warfare from another coral.  I have had acros and millis fall onto my caps and the area where they landed on the cap will look just like yours within no time at all.  Maybe something landed on it and got blown around with your current?
Jeff

Offline larrynews

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 20:04:47 »
check your alk level also.   caps seem to be real suspectable to alk but it is usually a slow color loss.   I think that it looks more like chemical warfare from another coral.  I have had acros and millis fall onto my caps and the area where they landed on the cap will look just like yours within no time at all.  Maybe something landed on it and got blown around with your current?
Jeff

that might be possible, not sure where it can from though, but a good thought

Offline TechGuy

• "Fraginator"
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 09:20:54 »
Jeff

My wall hammer loses a tip or two from time to time. They stick to things and kill off a small part.

My orange cap is toast too. My ALK dropped a bit :(