2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: anyone have experience with Brooklynellosis?  (Read 6310 times)

Offline Secondgen

• Lifetime Premium Member
Re: anyone have experience with Brooklynellosis?
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2009, 21:18:17 »
When I dip I always dipped for ten minutes. I have been told by a very experienced person (Joel) that if they die from the freshwater dip they were not going to make it anyway. And yes when I dipped I dipped everynight until the problem was gone. It only took 2 nights in a row, and the problem was gone. Remember to put a bubbler in the FW dip tank, as the water should be well oxygenated. Hope this helps, and good luck.

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2009, 21:22:46 »
Did the fish look perfect at the end of the 2nd night? was there some marks left?  Howed you know you were done after 2 days?
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2009, 21:25:03 »
going to get the water ready....

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline Secondgen

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2009, 21:26:32 »
I kept up the treatment until all the spots were gone.

Offline Secondgen

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2009, 21:29:13 »
And I don't know if you have had it happen yet, but don't freak out if when you put your fish back in the main tank they fall to the bottom on their sides. They will liven up soon after.

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2009, 22:08:12 »
Dip is done, he is a little more lethargic than when i did a 5min FW.  Seems ok for now, but looks the same, maybe a little better.

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2009, 18:06:32 »
still alive and acting normal.  I read abunch on fish gaining natural temporary immunity to Velvet after a few nonlethal exposures.  anyone seen this personally?