2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Frag and Quarantine setup  (Read 1908 times)

Offline METZCOOL

• Adult
Frag and Quarantine setup
« on: February 09, 2014, 17:01:10 »
Here are some pics of my almost finished frag and quarantine setup. Quarantine is a 37 gallon Solana with a Tunze in tank skimmer and in tank media basket and lighting with a Kessil LED (tank not filled yet).  Frag tank is 30" x 24" x 10" with built in overflow going to a 40 gallon sump with a bubble magnus skimmer and water level controlled by a Tunze auto top off. Lighting for frag tank is provided by Radion LEDS, Litermeter III will control automatic water changes, water movement in frag tank is done with a vortech mp10.
This as well as main tank is all tied into standby generator should power go out.
This is all separate from main display tank so I will have backups of all my corals should something happen to main tank. I am not sure if water changes will keep up with frag tank demands and if not I may first try kalk in the top off.
Need to tidy up under the stand and skin the stand yet ::)
Was thinking of putting six line in frag tank but he may jump, not that any fish won't but they seem to be willing to commit suicide with more ease.
What fish are you all keeping in frag tanks?

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: Frag and Quarantine setup
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 19:21:26 »
You got some really nice equipment there and a great build. Nice job

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 20:16:07 »
Yellow tangs are nice for frag tanks.   You can do clowns, although I have a clown that owns my frag tank.  He is starting to piss me off with the biting.

Offline Bucknutz

• OH-IO
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 20:18:00 »
Yellow tangs are nice for frag tanks.   You can do clowns, although I have a clown that owns my frag tank.  He is starting to piss me off with the biting.

Feed him once in awhile.

Offline andys1982

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 10:55:11 »
I've always had good luck with 6-lines not jumping (not so much other wrassies).  Just pulled mine out of a 9.5" tall frag tank yesterday.

Offline METZCOOL

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 18:33:49 »
You got some really nice equipment there and a great build. Nice job
Thanks Brian, will be nice to check yours out since you changed it.

Offline cbenner

• Juvenile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 09:05:34 »
I like to keep a yellow or tomini tang in my frag tank.  But I'm also planning on a six line for the new tank I just set up.

If he jumps, lets just hope I'm in the room!