2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Hang in there, it gets better.  (Read 1507 times)

Offline bbtm64

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Hang in there, it gets better.
« on: November 26, 2015, 02:12:31 »
Corals are truly amazing organisms. We try to keep our tanks as maintained as humanly possible. Everything from planning the aqua scape to testing the water.

We all get sad/aggravated when a fish or coral die. We wonder what we should've done differently.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I had a mini crash a few months ago. It killed every starfish I had, a couple LPS corals, 1 SPS and several zoas.

Or so I thought. I normally observe my tank for awhile in the morning to see how things look. Yesterday morning I was very pleasantly surprised to see live polyps in places where I'd placed pieces of the SPS. The zoas are starting to open up and spread again.

So, I guess what I'm trying to get at is, no matter what happens or how discouraged you get with the ups and downs of your tank, keep at it and learn from what happens.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Brent McCloskey

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: Hang in there, it gets better.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 10:57:42 »
I would agree.  I couldnt tell you the number of times I wanted to take a hammer to the tank out of pure frustration.  Nearly sold everything several times but with patience and a will to keep going the tank is looking great these days.  (no hammer cracks in the glass)  I think that is why we see so many people throwing in the towel and selling out.
jeff