2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Dec. 18 and beyond  (Read 1459 times)

Offline dbowman

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Dec. 18 and beyond
« on: December 18, 2020, 15:48:22 »
    Today i baked another batch of Spritz cookies. I give them for Christmas. after writing this i am getting dressed and delivering some of these cookies. i have stops in Columbus, Westerville, Pataskala, Germantown, Franklin, Englewood and Clayton. unfortunately some may have to quarantine the cookies for 4 days before eating them. also this used to be one stop outside of my county plus the little trips down the street which will be the same this year.
    i want to wish you all the very merriest Christmas! I appreciate all seasonal greetings you may offer. Thank you for making my reefing experience so much richer than it might have been without our club. I have 13 days to get ready for a new salty year. Challenge Accepted!
 your friend,
Dave

Offline JMM

• Juvenile
Re: Dec. 18 and beyond
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 20:49:18 »
Merry Christmas Dave. So what’s a spritz cookie sir? How go the tanks?
Jim McNamara

Offline dbowman

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 07:55:21 »
Spritz is another name for butter cookie. i was considering bringing you some.
the tanks are well the paly is thriving also the pillar. the birdnest and the montipora not so much. I have so much microfauna i am constantly amazed.
How are yours?

Offline JMM

• Juvenile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 09:39:56 »
Thanks for the thought but being diabetic they are best given elsewhere.😉. Glad some things are doing well. SPS can be tricky to get to thrive. I have hammer coral and frogspawn if you want any. Easy to keep.
 my 70 is growing coral amazingly well. Most of them came from the 120 where cyno and hair algae rein supreme. My nutrients are out of control and am struggling with getting things back in order. Went from the 120 doing great to the start of STN and lost a couple colonies real quick. Have not figured out what changed but nothing chemically as it's been very stable thru it all. Nothing showed on ICP tests either. Waiting to rearrange my sump in another room before making any more changes.
You are welcome any time Dave.

Offline dbowman

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 14:06:21 »
thank you!