2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: New Tank - 120G Reef & Fish  (Read 1478 times)

Offline MasonRob

• I'd rather be on the gulf
  • Fry
New Tank - 120G Reef & Fish
« on: December 19, 2014, 16:39:33 »
Seems redundant to say '& Fish' but you just never know.  So as some of you may know we actually moved south over the summer to New Port Richey, FL.  Broke down and gave away our tank in Ohio before we left in July as there was NO WAY of keeping everything alive over several weeks of move.  Well Christmas time is upon us so after much deliberation, searching, hunting and such we have procured a new 120G tank which has been up and running for the last 6 months.  Trick was the move thing - I hired it out as I can barely lift a 5 gal bucket these days after ripping the lower bicep tendon in my right arm but ANYWAY...  The tank is up and functional, things have settled in and we started adding a few fish and cleanup crew into the mix.  Initial pictures attached.

The tank CAME with 2 pajama cardinals, a lemon peel angel (or is it a tang - i get those confused) and a single green chromis.
We just added a pair of b/w clowns, a foxface and a goby.  Wanting to add more but taking it slow.  Don't want to over crowd the tank you know.  let things settle for a month or so, checking the chemistry, etc.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: New Tank - 120G Reef & Fish
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 16:44:10 »
Tank looks excellent Rob. Stand and canopy is very nice. Looking forward to seeing it with some corals soon.

Offline MasonRob

• I'd rather be on the gulf
  • Fry
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 16:56:51 »
there are a few...very few... and quite small.  But its a start. 
SURPRISE...  The bubble tip anemone we introduced yesterday and got to attach to the rock up front... well this morning he was in the back left corner and has been hiding out all day back there.  Best laid plans of mice and men but anemone's always move to where THEY want to be.  Not to where you would like them to be.  LOL

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 19:15:22 »
looks like a great start