2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Ich maybe?  (Read 1936 times)

Offline bkvreef

• Adult
Ich maybe?
« on: October 11, 2013, 09:17:50 »
Ok, so I have had my tank setup for several months and over that time have added numerous corals and two snowflake clowns and a vlamingi.
The clowns were in qt for approx. 2 months, and then given a ro/di dip and then added.  The vlamingi was qt for a week (i know it should have been longer!!!).  All of the corals had a dip in Revive and then added.

Last night I noticed that one of my clowns has white spot by nose,  I can't tell but it looks like the nose may be inflamed.  but I'm having the dread that it may be ich.

I have read numerous posts about treating ich.  Most seem to say to put the fish in a QT and do hypo.  However, what about the corals, live rock, and all of the inverts in the display tank?  Will ich die without fish?
I have also read about using treatments such as kick ich.
Thanks and God Bless,
John

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
Re: Ich maybe?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 09:28:38 »
Ick is a parasite that's hosts fish. The corals and inverts do not carry the parasite. If your tank where to be fish less then the ick will die off. But before you go thru all the trouble, try and take a few pics and post them up. Maybe it's something else all together.

Offline bkvreef

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 09:37:35 »
Thanks.  I will try to post them later tonight.
Thanks and God Bless,
John

Offline Viggen

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 09:38:47 »
Yes pics would help

If it is in fact ich..... I recall your qt tank is small?  I have a Rubbermaid tub that you are welcome to use for qt.  its 150g if I recall

And like sated ich needs fish to host so if no fish the parasite will die off.  It will take 2-3 months if I recall???? for the ich to die but it will in time
300g tub o fish

Offline bkvreef

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 09:42:25 »
I now have a 20gal (which is not big enough, in my opinion for the vlamingi).  that would be fine for the clowns, which are still pretty small.
Thanks and God Bless,
John

Offline bkvreef

• Adult
Thanks and God Bless,
John

Offline bkvreef

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 18:02:41 »
ok, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with my photobucket pictures
Thanks and God Bless,
John

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 19:38:27 »
Here is your picture

Offline bkvreef

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 23:09:13 »
Yep, thanks.  I couldnt get the pic to show a link.

The clown had what looked like a blister on its nose yesterday and now it looks as if its popped and is reddish.  It stays in the mushrooms quite a bit as if its hosting.  It is small but is still active so I am not sure if I should play it safe and take it out or just give it some time, and see if it pulls out.
Thanks and God Bless,
John