2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Koralia 1 or 2?  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Secondgen

• Lifetime Premium Member
Koralia 1 or 2?
« on: May 04, 2007, 16:29:11 »
Hello all I would like some opinions about which pump to buy for my 29 gallon reef. I am going to buy either a koralia #1 which is 400 gph, or a koralia #2 which is 600 gph. I don't want a big sand storm, but on the other hand I want as much flow as possible. I have read that the flow is widely dispersed so I thought the #2 might work. Some opinions would be appreciated. Both pumps are around the same price with only like a ten dollar difference so if the 600 gph would be good I will buy the #2 for a little more. God bless.

Offline scott wilson

• Adult
Re: Koralia 1 or 2?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 17:15:56 »
I have two of to model #4 and the flow is high right and low left.  I wish it had a more eve flow dispersal but they are still good pumps form what i have seen so far.

scott

Offline REDPYRO

• Hey Everybody!
  • Who did what now?
    • MrLevek Productions
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 17:24:41 »
i think in a 29 the 600 would be fine

like scott said 1/2 up and 1/2 down

Offline Secondgen

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 20:02:05 »
Thanks fellas I think I will buy the #2 as to your advice. Thanks again.

Offline Secondgen

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 00:05:15 »
Just ordered the Koralia #2 from the Doctor Fosters and Smith website. They have a really good sale going right now on the Koralia pumps. Should be here soon.

Offline Secondgen

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 21:00:44 »
Hello all, well I got the Koralia #2 it arrived today I bought it from the Doctors. This was the first time doing business with the Doctors and I am very pleased. When the pump arrived I found that the ceramic shaft was broken right at the tip where it goes into the housing so I called Doctor Fosters and Smith and told them my situation. Without hesitation they said they would send out another pump as well as free postage to send the broken pump back. I thought this was very good customer service. I would definitly reccommend. It sucks the pump was broken but it should work out. From what I could tell though the pump was very nice and it was small. I have read several posts about how big they are but when you consider the flow output they are very small. I can't wait to get the new one, should be here end of the week maybe begining of next.

Offline REDPYRO

• Hey Everybody!
  • Who did what now?
    • MrLevek Productions
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 21:39:28 »
I always used dr foster...they are good people

Offline Secondgen

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 21:45:47 »
Just an update on the Koralia 2 pump that I bought. It is a really nice pump especially for the price. The flow pattern is very wide. The Koralia 2 has 600gph, but with the wide flow pattern I could have went with the #3 which is 850gph. All in all I would recommend this pump to anyone that wants to add circulation.