2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Joel, Cornfussed  (Read 2760 times)

Offline harleyrider

• Adult
  • If you have to ask, you cant afford it!
Joel, Cornfussed
« on: May 14, 2009, 09:25:24 »
Let me know what you think on this one, last night i noticed a few whitle spots on my Coral Beauty, so i freaked read a few things on here, ran to the wally world and bought a 10 gal tank and heater, already had a filter for it, last night about 11 oclock stayed up and set it up with water got everything going, couldnt catch fish, so i finallly went to bed , got up this morning and the spots are gone, would my skunk cleaner have cleaned it, where did it gooooooo,,, thanks Don

Offline Revaltion131

• Adult
Re: Joel, Cornfussed
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 10:12:23 »
Were the white spots on the body or fins?  If they were on the fins, did they look like little clumps of stuff?  Also, do you have any vermetid snails in the tank?  My angel always swims through their webs and often ends up with gunk on her from the webs.  That might be what happened to your fish.  If that's the case, it's just junk that would fall off through the fish's normal swimming.

Offline harleyrider

• Adult
  • If you have to ask, you cant afford it!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 10:29:49 »
nope no snail like that, they was just little whites specks here and there on her, looks like the ick i used to get on my tropical fish

Offline Joel

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 07:59:58 »
Read over the posts I made in this link, it will answer most questions about parasite treatment and quarantine system methods. Improper quarantine methods will kill your fish so be sure you have a stable system before putting a fish into it.

http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=1761.0

The part of the parasites life cycle that we see as white dots on the fishes body is just one step in it's life cycle. It is common that the spots disappear because the parasite has matured and left the fish to go reproduce. It is not uncommon for the spots to disappear only to come back in much larger numbers in a day or two because it has reproduce.

After reading over the posts if you have additional questions ask away or stop by the shop and see me.

Joel