2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Tank disposal  (Read 988 times)

Offline frogfish

• Juvenile
Tank disposal
« on: November 20, 2020, 09:22:10 »
Since no one wants to buy my 110 tall aquarium, I am looking for someplace to either donate it to or to recycle/throw it away.  Any suggestions?

Offline dbowman

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: Tank disposal
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 11:49:53 »
sorry that there have been no takers on the 110. have you considered re-purposing it until you find a home for it. Is there an artist at your house? it would make a great foundation for a diorama. could you use it some how? have you listed it on craigslist, or contacted someone on there? are you on any other reef sites that have WTB sections? the price you are asking is very reasonable but perhaps the covid has made the time from offer-to-sell to sold longer than usual. are there consignment possibilities?  anyway, good luck, a person for that tank is out there. 

Offline frogfish

• Juvenile
Re: Tank disposal
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 16:50:34 »
It’s just too big to repurpose for anything, but an interesting idea for other smaller tanks if people need idea.

Yea, I have it on Facebook, Craigslist and other aquarium sites.  Found someone who will take it at an incredible steal!  But hey, I am getting rid of it as I want the space for other hobbies.