2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Engineer Goby  (Read 1071 times)

Offline ohioreef

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Founding Member
Engineer Goby
« on: November 26, 2011, 21:25:16 »
I've been wanting an eel for my tank. My son and I were at Jacl's (I know) the other day and he called for me. Said he found a cool "eel". I looked at it and knew it wasn't an eel, but couldn't remember what it was.

I asked them what it was, the price and held my breath. He ended up being reasonable so he came home with me.

He's pretty cool, but boy can he move sand! LOL  Got a big dune in the front of my tank.

Working on getting a pic.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
Re: Engineer Goby
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 22:02:11 »
Russell got a few neon goby with Darins order and they are pretty cool.  Look like eels, kinda freaked me out a bit.  LOL

Offline METZCOOL

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 22:24:57 »
i got 2 over a foot each in my tank and your right they are earthmovers to say the least, make sure your rockwork is secure because they will dig all sand out from under them and your rock takes a tubble and you got xxx amount of water on your floor pretty quick.

Offline ohioreef

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Founding Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 23:59:44 »
Any suggestions on how to secure the rockwork after set-up? Unfortunately my rock is sitting on top of the sand. When I set my tank up I hadn't heard of putting the rock in and then the sand around the rock.

I'm keeping a close eye, but I'm afraid he's gonna cause a "rock slide".