2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Frag Swaps  (Read 8753 times)

Offline mdcoblentz

• Juvenile
Re: Frag Swaps
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2008, 10:59:56 »
I enjoyed myself and got some pretty nice stuff.  Sold out on all my coral, all my trades showed up, and won a bunch Turtle food as a door prize :laugh: plus some monti coral.  Zeppelin had an acan I really wanted but he was selling the frag for 100 bucks...  decided I would pass on that one.  It was good seeing you again Scott.  I'll see you all in a couple of weeks at Columbus.   -Micah
Inspired!!!

Offline verper

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2008, 11:02:49 »
It must have been my lucky raffle ticket that you won with Scott, just kidding.

I scored a pink cadillac and a superman monti, so I'm happy. Looking forward to finding some different stuff at the swap in a couple of weeks though.

It was your ticket Jenn!  Oh wait, it was a blue ticket that won and yours was red.  Sorry, my mistake  ;D

I didn't see any cars for sale at the swap, but if you say you bought a pink cadillac, I believe you.  :laugh:

Offline verper

« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2008, 11:06:26 »
I enjoyed myself and got some pretty nice stuff.  Sold out on all my coral, all my trades showed up, and won a bunch Turtle food as a door prize :laugh: plus some monti coral.  Zeppelin had an acan I really wanted but he was selling the frag for 100 bucks...  decided I would pass on that one.  It was good seeing you again Scott.  I'll see you all in a couple of weeks at Columbus.   -Micah

Turtle food?  I didn't even see that.  Good to hear all of your trades showed up.  I've had pretty good luck with that myself so far.  Zep will be at the CORA swap so that $100 Rainbow (or was it the Pineapple) acan is still waiting for you.  ;)   

See you two weekends from now.
S

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2008, 22:01:41 »
I am excited to go to cora's swap.  I have gone to both cincy and cora's swaps in the past and felt that cora's always had alot more of hobbiest there selling and trading.  So far I have a fuzzy green acro and I was lucky enough to get an ora red planet promised to me through frag trader.
Jeff

quicksilver

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2008, 07:32:12 »
 :needpics    I want to see some pictures of these things.

Midwest Express

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2008, 09:58:13 »
I'm not able to go to CORA now.  :(  Forgot I had stuff goin on for my old job this Sat.  If it rains though... I will be goin.

Offline Revaltion131

• Adult
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2008, 10:02:06 »
I'm not sure yet if I'm going to CORA's or not.  We have tickets to the Wisc/MSU football game on the same day, but we only have two and aren't sure which two people are going up there. 

apelaston

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2008, 11:52:08 »
I am definately going to the cora swap w a small cooler of frags yet to b determined. any one wamt to meet and ride just tell me.

quicksilver

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2008, 12:10:38 »
is this thing over?? Or has it not started. I must have my days wrong.

Midwest Express

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2008, 12:23:26 »
Cincy was last Sat, and CORA is this Sat

slandis3

« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2008, 12:47:12 »
Cincy was last Sat, and CORA is this Sat

the swap is next saturday. nov 1st

Midwest Express

« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2008, 13:09:08 »
it is?  I thought it was this Sat.  Well heck... I am def going to it then.  I am in Springfield and if anyone could pick me up on the way by, that would be great!  I will chip in on gas!

quicksilver

« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2008, 13:16:21 »
I 2nd that gas money but no room for Midwest express just for my new corals.

Midwest Express

« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2008, 13:26:11 »
Wait!  Don't kick me out of the car just to fit your corals in there!  Put them on your lap!  MAN! HAHA ;D

apelaston

« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2008, 14:29:22 »
Cora is on the first.

Midwest Express

« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2008, 14:31:44 »
Cora is on the first.

Oh yeah!  I'm def in then!

Offline mdcoblentz

• Juvenile
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2008, 09:50:06 »
midwest, we can meet up there then!!! ;D
Inspired!!!

Midwest Express

« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2008, 09:57:55 »

Sounds good to me.  I will bring my cooler!

Speaking of which... if anyone wants any foam coolers, big or small... let me know... I get them for free a lot of times and have them just laying around the house.  So let me know if anyone wants me to bring them.

and yes... they are free to whomever would like 1 or 4.  ;D

quicksilver

« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2008, 12:32:18 »
midwest my new corals get there own seat besides I might buy 2 much to stick on my lap. But seriouly some come get my @ss so i can go with u guys. Looking for a pink lemonade acro

quicksilver

« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2008, 12:33:38 »
and a Tubs' Starbright Lokani

Midwest Express

« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2008, 13:00:10 »
Hey... is anyone that is passing through Springfield have any extra room in their car?  If so can I get a ride please?

Also, what time is the swap kicking off?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 13:30:05 by Midwest Express »

slandis3

« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2008, 19:57:22 »
So how was the swap?

Offline verper

« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2008, 20:12:48 »
It was actually pretty good.  Not as bad as I had expected with the small venue and expected large crowd.  It was very busy from 12-1:30, busy from 1:30-2:30, and then the crowd started to thin out.  Without a raffle, you didn't have to hang around.  We even left around 3.  All of my prearranged trades showed up, and I sold all but 3 unreserved coral.  Saw a number of Ohio Reef members there.  So for me, it was a very good swap.

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2008, 21:12:07 »
Well...I think very busy was an understatement.  I didn't get to breathe most of the time (enjoying an adult beverage right now...relaxing.) 

It wasn't as bad as I expected, but since the tables were circular, people could attack you with questions from every side.  I sold a lot, but I still have a lot left (I took about 80 corals.) 

I picked up some VERY nice pieces...really excited.  I also picked up a few not-so-nice rescue pieces. 

Everything has been dipped in Lugol's, treated with Flatworm Exit, acclimated, and is in the quarantine now.  I'll post pictures later after they've stopped sliming as much.

apelaston

« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2008, 21:28:55 »
It was my first time and i enjoyed it. i sold everything i had listed and then got 5 nice peices of sps a few acans and a few zoos. . everything that are already showing promise in my tank.thanks to reefd up and verper for their frags. . .