2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: LRS Freenzy Food Review  (Read 4511 times)

Offline Sonnyred

• Adult
LRS Freenzy Food Review
« on: March 24, 2013, 12:15:32 »
I picked up a few packs of this food from marine solutions a couple weeks ago. The fish and corals loved it and yes the food is so clean it doesn't dirty my water. Great product. Highly suggest everyone to try it.

Offline discus513

• Adult
    • Cincinnati Club (C.A.R.E.)
Re: LRS Freenzy Food Review
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 12:55:45 »
I got some at the swap I will be trying out out today

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 17:36:41 »
I feed some last night. Very clean. Lots of goodies in there.

Offline njrdc

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Juvenile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 17:55:09 »
can not say it enough how much i love this food, keeps water clean, there is a blend for what ever your needs are (reef, carnivore, herbivore) there is no bi product in it at all just pure food also no water in the packages at all ( you are paying for the food not the exert water and junk.

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

ps the fish love it as well :) :) :)

Offline ReefFrenzy

• Fry
    • Reef Frenzy Foods
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 19:07:33 »
Thanks guys for all the feedback! So far I am batting three out of three!!!!

I am really glad you are pleased with our blends, since we don't sacrifice or cut corners in any way, no matter how many pending orders need to be filled.  All you need to do is open a pack of our food and smell it to see for yourself how ocean fresh our ingredients are....the "nose" doesn't lie.......

Keep the feedback coming!

Larry
Owner, LRS Foods, LLC
www.ReefFrenzy.com

Offline tidepool

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 21:12:47 »
Agreed - tried two of the three blends since the swap.... fish are LOVING it....

8)

Offline discus513

• Adult
    • Cincinnati Club (C.A.R.E.)
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 01:22:56 »
I've tried the reef frenzy and the fish ate it up, can't wait to try the rest

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 02:01:11 »
I'll give the food a 8 out of 10.  Very clean, very fresh, I like the mix of larger and smaller chunks.  My only real complaint is that some of it is so fine, it's not going to get gobbled up by the fish or by coral.  It's going to only pollute the tank as it won't be consumed.  I know there are different types of food mixed in, but what I'm seeing appeared to be very very fine pieces of shrimp.  It's a minor thing, but something to keep in mind.  I ran across the same problem when I was making my own food.  I also don't see my fish going nuts over it, but they are used to eating pretty well already.  Overall a great product and I'll definitely use the 6 packs I bought at the swap.

Offline ReefFrenzy

• Fry
    • Reef Frenzy Foods
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 07:55:25 »
Neo,

Thanks for posting your feedback! I can't argue with an 8 out of 10 review.... 8)

I completely understand your concern about the finer particles of food.  Even though our food goes through several straining processes, the blending and subsequent freeze/thaw also causes a little cell breakdown. It has always been a battle to maintain a balance between particle sizes matched to the fish that most stores stock commonly. For example, some of my stores want our food even finer for their small clowns, anthias, gobies, and yet others want larger chunks for their 5"+ tangs, triggers etc.

If you are concerned with the smaller pieces, (which likely will be consumed by some of the corals as they float through the water column) simply strain the food in a tea strainer. I know we advertise that you don't need to strain it, and you really don't, but if you think it helps get rid of the micron particles, feel free to rinse it.  You should have no complaints if you try that a few times.

BTW--I dont know why this happens, but it seems the 4-5th feedings are what REALLY make the fish go crazy, don't ask me why....but see if it holds true for you over the next few days....

I still stand by my claim that we have the cleanest food blend on the market as this video shows. I challenge anyone to buy any other blended food, thaw a teaspoon in a cup of water and then feed it like in this video and compare the "cloud." Also, as I demonstrated at the swap a "Smell Test" of our food clearly smells like the ocean, verses some of the other stuff out there.

This is Herbivore Frenzy, right from the package....

Owner, LRS Foods, LLC
www.ReefFrenzy.com

Offline bbtm64

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 04:46:04 »
I need to pick some of this up. I normally alternate between a high quality flake, frozen brine shrimp, mysis(spelling?) shrimp, prawn eggs and a frozen herbivore diet. Plus the feeding with Marine Snow and a high liquid vitamin.
Brent McCloskey

Offline ReefFrenzy

• Fry
    • Reef Frenzy Foods
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 07:39:49 »
Pick up a pack and I promise you won't be disappointed!

Marine Solutions and Aquaculture Underground are the two stores in OH right now carrying our products, and both are owned by awesome folks.

In my opinion, you would do well to ditch the frozen brine shrimp and stop wasting your time and money feeding them. Unless gut loaded they offer almost no nutrition for your fish, and are considered the "potato chip" of the marine foods available.

Mysis or Krill are a much better selection, with higher amino acids, and lipids......

Larry

« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 08:42:22 by ReefFrenzy »
Owner, LRS Foods, LLC
www.ReefFrenzy.com

Offline charlieweaver

• Adult
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 20:55:20 »
I love your food. I give it a 10 out of 10.  I have lots of sofites and Lps and they love all small stuff and the fish love the bigger stuff. I run a very high nutrient system. I spot feed most my corals once a day. And feed the fish 2 time a day.  Yeah lots of water changes lol I change about 25% water a week to keep up with how much food I keep going in the system but I'm corals are growing like a wildfire lol. 

Few pics of feeding

Sent from my HTC6435LVW