2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Some Pics of my 225  (Read 2598 times)

Offline pontiac2002gtp

• Adult
Some Pics of my 225
« on: June 08, 2008, 22:16:02 »
Heres a few pics of my 225 I took tonight.

Offline pontiac2002gtp

• Adult
Re: Some Pics of my 225
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 22:19:41 »
In the last pic you can see a white spot on the side of the maroon clowns head is that normal it has been there since i got the fish and hasn't changed in size?  Also you can see the white marks on the purple tangs eyes same thing that appeared right after i put him in the tank and has been about the same maybe gotten a little better do you think he scraped it on a rock that was my guess.

apelaston

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 22:24:28 »
very nice.

Offline Riderc82

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 19:48:38 »
I agree it looks great!

Offline Joel

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 21:36:17 »
Great pics Phil, tanks looking good.

The pit on the Clowns heat looks a lot like what is generically referred to Hole in the head disease. Don't panic though, it technically is not a disease, it's more a symptom or indicator of one (or more) of numerous problems. This fish may have been in a system with some problems prior to you getting it and developed the "pitting". Sometimes the pitting is bad enough that it wont go away, much like a scare, once it's there it's perminet. If it has not gotten any worse since you have owned it, I would not be to concerned about it. This is also just a guess, I really couldn't say for sure what it is but if it has remained the same for an extended period of time it most likely is nothing to worry about.

I can't tell in the pics what your talking about in the Purple tangs eyes. I see the white or haze but it's tough to say. In person does it look like cataracts? There is a fluke (trematode) that causes that appearance but members of the zebrasoma genus are not notorious for carrying it (but they can). Do you have a grounding probe in the aquarium water? If you don't, you should consider it. If you have a multi meter, put it on DC, ground it and put the positive end in the water, see if there is a bunch of electricity in the water. Excessive electricity can cause some of the concerns your describing.