2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: FOOD  (Read 6313 times)

Offline erinwalling

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Juvenile
Re: FOOD
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2020, 16:56:58 »
Unfortunately she is terrible to work with.   You just have to keep calling over and over.  I had to deal with her the last two years and it is beyond me how they stay in business with how poor their customer service is.

Offline dbowman

• Adult
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2020, 17:30:09 »
hang in there she may be Customer No Service but persistence usually pays off.  probably someone there is not doing their job which prevents her from doing hers but she cant throw them under the bus. hate when that's the case

Offline Gary

• Adult
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2020, 00:17:44 »
I think she is task saturated. I'm sure she is multi-tasking and we are not the only customer clamoring for service.  We will get there. This is not our first rodeo.

Offline Gary

• Adult
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2020, 17:27:18 »
Victoria (BSD) anticipates completing our adjusted price list tomorrow. We will post it upon receipt.

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2020, 12:49:18 »
Still nothing Gary??

Offline Gary

• Adult
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2020, 15:00:20 »
Nothing. I'll call Monday. It is probably all gone from the Pandemic panic buy or the food is infected and will need to be quarantined. :-(

Offline Caleb

• Fry
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2020, 09:31:04 »
Any updates?

Offline Gary

• Adult
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2020, 10:05:59 »
She thinks she may have it today. She said she will call me back.

Offline Gary

• Adult
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2020, 22:57:41 »
No joy. I will try again.

Offline Heinbaughb

• Adult
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2020, 23:17:28 »
I’m getting the feeling this order may be on hold until much later this year. Just a guess.

Offline Gary

• Adult
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2020, 16:01:04 »
I just talked to Victoria. They were closed because of the earthquake and they are short handed do to the virus. Hopefully we will get something today.

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2020, 16:59:16 »
No sign of Victoria again? Is she hunkered down in Utah like we are here?

Offline Gary

• Adult
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2020, 18:52:48 »
I'll give her a call tomorrow.
Here is another place that is willing to work with us.  Jeff found them.  https://www.jehmco.com/html/frozen.html
If you are making food this should work. Let me know if there is interest.

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2020, 21:35:17 »
The other place Gary mentioned (Jehmco) sells in flat packs and not blister packs.  What I always do each year is buy flats of brine, mysis, krill, blood worms.  I melt them down, mix them all together along with whatever else you can find, put them in quart freezer bags and refreeze.  It gives the fish all the different foods they want and makes for pretty cheap food.  I put nori in mine and you could add just about what ever your fish like.  You can make your flats thin enough to break off pieces or I just dip the open end of the baggie in the tank and let the food melt out into the tank.  I have run the food buy in the past and Gary isnt lying about how bad brine shrimp direct is with service.  They are the worst and I wanted to find another supplier back then.  Erin has also chimed in how terrible they are.  I suggest we tell bsd where to go and take our business else ware.  I emailed Jehmco and they responded back the very next day and were very friendly and agreeable to work with us.  Take a look at their web site and let Gary know if your interested in going with them. If I remember right they dont charge the exorbitant shipping cost, I think they will ship via freight and save the huge overnight costs.  For those that dont know the club would always pick up $400 + in shipping each year if the order was large enough so they would save the club quite a bit of money.
Jeff

Offline Keith92

• Keith92
  • Adult
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2020, 22:57:15 »
I suggest we go with another company.  I am not a fan of poor service, especially when this seems to be their standard.

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2020, 13:23:49 »
The other place Gary mentioned (Jehmco) sells in flat packs and not blister packs.  What I always do each year is buy flats of brine, mysis, krill, blood worms.  I melt them down, mix them all together along with whatever else you can find, put them in quart freezer bags and refreeze.  It gives the fish all the different foods they want and makes for pretty cheap food.  I put nori in mine and you could add just about what ever your fish like.  You can make your flats thin enough to break off pieces or I just dip the open end of the baggie in the tank and let the food melt out into the tank.  I have run the food buy in the past and Gary isnt lying about how bad brine shrimp direct is with service.  They are the worst and I wanted to find another supplier back then.  Erin has also chimed in how terrible they are.  I suggest we tell bsd where to go and take our business else ware.  I emailed Jehmco and they responded back the very next day and were very friendly and agreeable to work with us.  Take a look at their web site and let Gary know if your interested in going with them. If I remember right they dont charge the exorbitant shipping cost, I think they will ship via freight and save the huge overnight costs.  For those that dont know the club would always pick up $400 + in shipping each year if the order was large enough so they would save the club quite a bit of money.
Jeff
At this point, I don’t care what they come in, I just need food ASAP. I am willing to go the flat pack route! Let’s do it!

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2020, 14:15:55 »
I suggest we go with another company.  I am not a fan of poor service, especially when this seems to be their standard.
I agree Keith! It’s been over a month since Gary started contacting them. There is no reason at all that they haven’t had time to get us a price list in that amount of time. We should not reward them for this terrible service by placing a big order!

Offline VikingCoral

• Juvenile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2020, 17:14:17 »
Id like to get in on a food buy soon too. I have been a member for over a year and didn't see a food or salt buy in that time. I need to renew my premium status now.

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2020, 15:23:19 »
Any progress gentlemen?

Offline Keith92

• Keith92
  • Adult
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2020, 16:20:15 »
Gary was able to get the pricing verbally. He will post the pricing and order form. We discussed that many members do not make their own food and rely on the cubed food (Blister Packs).
Jehmco brine shrimp is a great option for those that make their own but they do not offer blister packs. In the interest of members of all members we will be placing the order through Brine Shrimp Direct.
Gary went well above the call of duty to get this done for the club and deserves a big thank you from the members. 

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2020, 19:33:30 »
Thank you Gary!

Offline west chester reef

• Adult
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2020, 16:39:30 »
Thank you thank you , your awesome

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2020, 17:48:08 »
Gary was able to get the pricing verbally. He will post the pricing and order form. We discussed that many members do not make their own food and rely on the cubed food (Blister Packs).
Jehmco brine shrimp is a great option for those that make their own but they do not offer blister packs. In the interest of members of all members we will be placing the order through Brine Shrimp Direct.
Gary went well above the call of duty to get this done for the club and deserves a big thank you from the members.
Completely agree Keith. Gary, a big Thank you! I’ll bring a frag to the next meeting for you! Much appreciated

Offline ucbearcats

• Juvenile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2020, 20:12:50 »
Where would we pick up the food?  Trying to decide if I want to order some

Offline Gary

• Adult
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2020, 14:24:34 »
Just south of Englewood.