2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Frag tank "build"  (Read 6366 times)

Offline ~reefchik~

• Adult
    • Real Job:  HunnyBuns Nursery & Reborn Supply
Re: Frag tank "build"
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2010, 00:03:25 »
Yea that's lux meter it's a
measurement of all light photons that hit the sensor. Where as PAR is only the light radiation that is in the correct wavelenthgs for photosythesis.

Don't worry. I will be traveling around to check peoples tanks in the near future  :laugh:

Really?  What you have is totally different?  I was going by my Borneman book and he says everyone should have a lux meter.  I figured the club one was just a more expensive version of the same thing.  I hope I didn't totally waste my money now. 
-Steph
--------------
What do you call an old reefer with no tank? 
:-(
-----------------------------

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
Re: Frag tank "build"
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2010, 08:52:32 »
It's not a waste of money. I THINK there are ways to aproximate your PAR from LUX given a known bulb. The problem with lux is it's more for the Visable spectrum of light (used heavily in the photography business) but there is alot of light we SEE that is not usefull for photosynthesis and the reverse is also true.

Just do some googleing. I think i remember reading ways to approximate PAR from LUX

what I bought was an Apogee PAR meter

Google lux vs PAR and you should get some good info
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz