2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Hi everyone!  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Phoenix7506

• Juvenile
Hi everyone!
« on: April 27, 2013, 01:40:06 »
Hello,

I figured it was about time that I joined a forum. I'm not completely new to saltwater tanks. About 8 years ago I had a 29g FOWLR tank, which I realize is kind of an oxymoron, and made every mistake in the book. Everyone has to learn right? lol Anyways, I recently set up a 14 gallon biocube that I picked up off of a friend and decided I was going to do a reef tank and do things right this time. The tank has been up for 4 months now and I'm really happy with it other than the red slime that I am battling at the moment. All of my corals, inverts, and fish seem very happy. I live in an apartment and after having a talk with the landlord I realized that he didn't care if I set up a larger tank. After countless hours of research I ordered a 75 gallon reef ready tank and stand. About the largest sump I can fit in the stand is a 20L without making a custom sump so that's what I went with. I would have loved to build one but I just dont have the equipment. I've got the sump set up and circulating water. I set up a small fuge in there which I'm hoping will be somewhat efficient for a pod population. I picked up my skimmer, uv sterilizer, media reactor, main pump, wavemaker, 3 hydor powerheads, ATO, heater, and all the lighting. The tank comes next week and I can't wait! If you have any questions, comments, concerns I'd love feedback!

Offline bbtm64

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: Hi everyone!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 05:21:25 »
Welcom to Ohio Reef! Post pictures as you get your tank set up, if you want. I'm pretty sure we all enjoy seeing progress as much as you love showing it off.  :be happy:
Brent McCloskey

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
Re: Hi everyone!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 08:35:39 »
Ollo & welcome to Ohio Reef.