2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: mr stickys aquarium sealant  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Cole Harlow

• Adult
mr stickys aquarium sealant
« on: March 15, 2011, 18:30:00 »
 i have been wanting to reseal my tank without taking the water out and was looking for a sealant that can be applied underwater when i found mr stickys underwater glue the description says it can reseal things even under water. has anybody ever used this are there other products like this that would be beter
thanks Cole
90 gallon shallow

Offline bkvreef

• Adult
Re: mr stickys aquarium sealant
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 06:07:47 »
I've never used a sealant like that I would just make sure that it is aquarium safe.
Thanks and God Bless,
John

Offline DarinSchmidt

• darinschmidt@gmail.com
  • The wisest man knows he knows nothing at all.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 09:25:25 »
For underwater, there is this sealant i bought from Lowes near the acrylic section i think. Its a silicon adhesive, 100% Silicon. Cones in a blue and white metal squeeze tube. I use it for small patching. Just clean the area, put some on my finger, and spread it where its needed. The only problem with Silicon is that once it hits water, it starts to film over. Best to drain, clean, apply, refill.

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 19:15:55 »
To be honest, I wouldn't I would drain, clean, and apply, cure as mentioned above....

But with that being stated, it will cure under water... though it will be extremely difficult to apply, and as it cures it will leak toxins(fumes) ;though I don't personally think it would harm anything I would not risk it... and lastly once it has cured, the bond will be no where near as durable as if it was applied to a dry surface and allowed to cure dry.

I would save the headache and mess later down the road, and apply as mentioned above.
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank