2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: various sumps  (Read 3182 times)

Blown76mav

various sumps
« on: December 09, 2008, 18:54:23 »
For those that didn't make it to the meeting to see Tony's sumps, here are a couple of sumps that I have built using acrylic.  The first is a 3/8 thick sump for my 55g that I never used and is still sitting in the basement.  The second is Tonys dual sump set up.

Lonnie

Offline UD Flyer

• Adult
Re: various sumps
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 19:14:16 »
Are those the only three youve made?

They look great!!!

Are you interested in making more or is this a leisure type thing?

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 19:34:38 »
You definitely need to post up a DIY how-to thread!  Very nice!  I'm planning to try my hand at acrylic soon too.

Blown76mav

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 19:47:06 »
You definitely need to post up a DIY how-to thread!  Very nice!  I'm planning to try my hand at acrylic soon too.

That is in the works for the overflow box.  I could probally do one for the sumps as well.

Blown76mav

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 19:48:08 »
Are those the only three youve made?

They look great!!!

Are you interested in making more or is this a leisure type thing?

I've made another one but don't have the pics with me here at work.  I'll post them when I get home tonight. 

PM me with your intrests.

apelaston

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 21:18:24 »
Is that one for the 55 the one i want? if so pm me with how much u wanted for it. i am getting my overflow in jan from rmstevens. . . . .

Offline Grunk08

• Juvenile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 22:21:42 »
I was planning on starting a thread on my 60 gal. build and I still may. In the mean time her are some pictures of the sumps that mav built for me. This is my design and mav did an excellent job on the build. I have them plumbed and plan on testing them in the garage with tap water tomorrow night. (hopefully no leaks with the pvc joints)

apelaston

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 22:26:38 »
Woohoo i cant wait to get it up and going. i am going to be putting it on a stand that i am going to make. more of a cabinet directly next to my tank. i just cant fathum moving my tank right now..*scared face

Blown76mav

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 22:59:40 »
Tony,

Those look good in there.  Love the plumbing.  Keep us updated on how they work.

Hey what lights are you using, I need to upgrade my sump light and wasn't sure what to use. 

Thanks

Lonnie

Midwest Express

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 02:32:15 »
I must say... good use of space.  The design is much like what I have been coming up with.  Thanks for the help! :)

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 02:33:57 »
Man that is some pretty professional looking DIY work. The attention to detail is pretty amazing. Grunk08 did you build that stand? Cant wait to see your build thread.