2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: caulerpa  (Read 1166 times)

Offline THE MAD REEFER

• Adult
caulerpa
« on: August 21, 2013, 16:31:06 »
I have a picky naso tang that since the misses brought him home will only eat caulerpa

I don't want to starve him but entill I find something else that he will eat does anyone have a bunch they want to get rid of as I read that it grows fast

I am also looking for a way to grow it fast, any ideas??????

Offline Steve

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: caulerpa
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 17:29:07 »
Dave I have some caulerpa growing in my sump and it is time to harvest a little. I don't know for sure how much it is, just kinda grows with the cheato. Your are welcome to whatever I can get out.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 00:34:47 »
You can grow it very fast this time of year. Get a wide plastic container with saltwater (maximum surface area), add a small pump for water circulation, a bit of plant fertilizer and set it in your back yard under direct sun. It will grow extremely fast. Faster then your tang could eat it once it gets growing. Maybe start with about 1ml all purpose liquid miracle grow fertilizer per couple gallons saltwater and adjust from there. Should be able to keep outside until temps drop below 50F at night

Offline jeblin

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 05:08:08 »
I know there's a store in Cincinnati that grows it....its the one semi-famous for raising their own clown fish....Monforts I think is the name...not sure if you need some that bad, but its an option if you do.