2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: coral pets  (Read 5199 times)

Offline HUNGER

coral pets
« on: February 13, 2010, 20:17:28 »
well the shop is kinda hard to find  they have some nice coral and good prices but if you can get someone to help you thats the hard part was there for 45 min and no one said anything to me and i stood in the same spot  but they went around me to help some one who just walked in and got things out of the tank right in front of me and still didnt say nothing so i left they just lost 1 custemer wont ever go back
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
Re: coral pets
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 20:37:13 »
well the shop is kinda hard to find  they have some nice coral and good prices but if you can get someone to help you thats the hard part was there for 45 min and no one said anything to me and i stood in the same spot  but they went around me to help some one who just walked in and got things out of the tank right in front of me and still didnt say nothing so i left they just lost 1 custemer wont ever go back

I'd have to say about the same. Make sure you know exactly what building you are looking for.  We also stood around for a long time before someone helped us. Although we went on a busy day (cincyreef groupbuy) overall great selection and prices. Just start yelling to get someones attention :laugh: I would go back if down in that area
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline Learning_The_Hard_Way

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 21:02:15 »
Thats too bad, as I have had the opposite exsperience.  Next time tell him you know what you want to want to talk about and he will help you.  Thats the downside of having low overhead on people, but I will take the great prices and look-up stuff on my own.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 21:25:35 »
well if i do ever go back i will take a meaga phone with me there was only me and on other person there iv been to a ton of shops that we packed with people but still some one would say hi  or ill be with you soon
SIZE DOES MATTER

Reefd Up

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 14:00:02 »
If you have not already, I highly suggest you contact the owner in private about your experience.  If it was an employee who was ignoring you, I'm sure the owner would like to know.  If it was the owner ignoring you, I'm sure he would still like to know that his customers would like more attention.  Posting publicly about one poor experience with a sponsor will lower the liklihood the sponsor will return next year, won't help the sponsor fix the problem as quickly than if you just contacted them directly, and will discourage new customers from trying the store.  Just keep that in mind as we need sponsors just as much as they need us.

(Of course, if there is a serious problem with a sponsor that you have not been able to resolve, then yes, there is a time to post that.  Just suggesting we try to fix our dislikes with sponsors than just giving them a reputation based off one experience.)

Offline reefman

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 14:08:19 »
I am glad to hear what happened. I have not been there yet but knowing what happened will help me know what to do when I go do.
Thanks for posting!!

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 14:27:42 »
I have had that experience with other LFS here. Learned you just got to speak up.

Offline UD Flyer

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 15:23:46 »
I have had that experience with other LFS here. Learned you just got to speak up.

Exactly! I like going into a store and not being hounded by the employee's. I have also learned that when they don't ask you if you need any help, you better speak up or you'll walk out unsatisfied.

Look at it from the their perspective; you walked in and stood in the same spot for 45min. I mean, really 45min? Ive spent a lot of hours in LFS' but never 45min in the same spot. If you were really wanted what was in that tank you should have spoken up. Chalk it up as a lesson learned and don't expect a warm welcome when or if you go back.

Offline Learning_The_Hard_Way

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 15:36:43 »
I was there a little bit ago, I mentioned the post he said of course he did not mean to offend anyone, he was slammed and its only him and sometimes a helper and he did the best he could do to handle the crowds.  He saw you hunger just could not get to you.

The shop is somewhat new, I guess this was a learning exsperience for everyone.  BTW some great stuff there today.

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 18:40:41 »

+1, I wasn't offended and of course I said I went on a busy day, Just letting folks know that they might need to speak up.  I think if someone reads this before going, they will probably be MORE understanding.  I hope no one took my post as negative against coral pets.
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 20:01:17 »
you walked in and stood in the same spot for 45min. I mean, really 45min? Ive spent a lot of hours in LFS' but never 45min in the same spot. If you were really wanted what was in that tank you should have spoken up. Chalk it up as a lesson learned and don't expect a warm welcome when or if you go back.
i would have spent hours looking but didnt want to i knew what i wanted   i did look around   

and if he calls 3 people slamed than wow  there was 6 people in there the owner and a helper theres 2 and me and my gf theres 2  and one other custmer theres 1  so 5 people total

and you only get 1 first expierence  in a shop
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline Vinnbelle1

• Fry
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 10:13:33 »
Hunger, I'm sorry to hear about your experience.  It is my fault that I did not say hello, I apologize.  I get in a mode where I am trying to hurry, and get "tunnel vision" on what I am doing. The huge downside about my store, is that there is only 2 people working. The other, is it seems everyone comes in a short amount of time.  That time is usually only for a few hours.  Another, is that when dealing with livestock, it takes a large amount of time to handle it.  So one customer may take 30+ minutes.

I would recommend, as others have said, if you are in a hurry, or only want one thing, just grab me or someone working with me (best time is when we are bagging) and tell us your needs.  Many of the people that are regulars in my store don't mind waiting.

I have had people complain about waiting for a long time.  I have talked to many of my customers.  The consensus is that people would rather wait longer, and pay lower prices.

I have only been open for 6 months.  So I am trying to forecast when the most people will be in, and have enough employees to handle them. 

9-12 on Saturdays is the slow time, and you can usually get in an out really fast.

As far as me becoming a sponsor in the future is not going to be affected by someone complaining about me.  Especially when they have good reason.

Offline Rayman

• Adult
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 10:26:30 »
I really liked that response ^ , very well spoken.

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 11:38:52 »
I really liked that response ^ , very well spoken.

+1
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline larrynews

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 11:43:17 »
+2

Offline jd

• Dr. Skimmer
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 11:58:00 »
+3 Well said.
Call me Mr. Rev. Dr.

Offline Todd W.

• Adult
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 12:12:12 »
Wow... Well spoken.

Offline ghurlag

• Adult
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 17:43:36 »
Problem addressed, and apology offered.  Commendable action!

Offline reefman

• Adult
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 18:41:06 »
This is just why this is great to have posted for everyone to see. Great Job on both sides!!

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2010, 18:53:27 »
It's great to see the shop post a reply with an explanation!

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 20:03:07 »
Hunger, I'm sorry to hear about your experience.  It is my fault that I did not say hello, I apologize.  I get in a mode where I am trying to hurry, and get "tunnel vision" on what I am doing. The huge downside about my store, is that there is only 2 people working. The other, is it seems everyone comes in a short amount of time.  That time is usually only for a few hours.  Another, is that when dealing with livestock, it takes a large amount of time to handle it.  So one customer may take 30+ minutes.

I would recommend, as others have said, if you are in a hurry, or only want one thing, just grab me or someone working with me (best time is when we are bagging) and tell us your needs.  Many of the people that are regulars in my store don't mind waiting.

I have had people complain about waiting for a long time.  I have talked to many of my customers.  The consensus is that people would rather wait longer, and pay lower prices.

I have only been open for 6 months.  So I am trying to forecast when the most people will be in, and have enough employees to handle them. 

9-12 on Saturdays is the slow time, and you can usually get in an out really fast.

As far as me becoming a sponsor in the future is not going to be affected by someone complaining about me.  Especially when they have good reason.
tahnk you  and very well said  beacuse of that i will come back down agin thanx again
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline Vinnbelle1

• Fry
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2010, 10:25:04 »
Thanks for stopping back down in the future.  Before noon on Saturday is a great time to stop by. By the way, what were the items you were interested in purchasing?

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2010, 15:02:57 »
ya there was a lite pink chalias with brite pink mouths
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline Vinnbelle1

• Fry
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 12:16:04 »
I think I know the one you are speaking of.  Did you want the whole colony, or a frag?

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 12:17:22 »
 a frag
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline Vinnbelle1

• Fry
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2010, 15:00:24 »
I sold the big Achilles Tang that was in with the zooanthids.  So I am going to redo that tank tonight.  I am hoping to have some time to make some frags.  If I do, I'll cut up some tonight.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2010, 18:34:36 »
cool thanx mint not be able to swing down there till the following weekend
SIZE DOES MATTER