2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: 2019 swap in the books  (Read 1732 times)

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
2019 swap in the books
« on: October 05, 2019, 21:17:18 »
Thanks everyone for all the hard work on putting this years swap on.  The venue was a great site, plenty of room and good parking.  For us old timer club members didnt we host a swap there years ago?
 Now for what we all want.
what did you get?  Pics are a must
Jeff

Offline HomeReef

• Juvenile
Re: 2019 swap in the books
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 21:30:03 »
That was my first swap ever.  Picture not good but here it is.  Mostly picked up Euphyllia.  Had a great time and looking forward to next year!

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Offline Kenort68

• Fry
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 21:56:06 »
This was my first swap ever today and it was awesome. I met a lot of great people today.

Offline Heinbaughb

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 13:44:40 »
Bigger haul than I realized. I’m trying to expand my euphillia collection. Added an orange hammer and orange tipped frogspawn. Also got an acan echinata, a few acros, Easter egg chalice and a yellow encruter with red polyps. Didn’t do well remembering the names.

Offline ghurlag

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 13:59:29 »

Had fun looking at eye candy.  Unfortunately my tank is in an extended ugly phase so I didn’t pick up as much as I would have liked.  Here’s a Rasta colony with a couple bonus no name varieties included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2019, 16:26:30 »
Enjoyed the swap for the short time I was there. It was much bigger than the last two. Great job putting it together!

I only picked up 1 at the swap, then went to Lazy’s and picked up 2 more.

Left to right Christmas Mirabillis (not sure on lineage yet), Hateraid and JF Jolt

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 18:45:35 »
One thing I have noticed over the last several years is how more sellers are actually setting up with tank, lights, filters and selling.  In the past the tables were loaded with people selling frags and used equipment out of coolers and containers.  I believe I was the only one selling from a table out of a small container.  I guess all things evolve and change.  Just shows how old I am getting with this hobby.  Guess I have a year to gather things together for my own little frag selling tank:)
Jeff

Offline HomeReef

• Juvenile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2019, 19:26:50 »
Jeff, this was my first time going.  Had a great time but definitely not what I expected.  I was expecting people to have frags to swap with other hobbiest.  If there was any of that there, I missed it.  So i guess that would be more inline with what you just described. 

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Offline JSellars

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2019, 22:14:49 »
This was my first frag swap, I didn’t buy much. But those raffle items were awesome! Won an acan with a tiki frag holder, a torch, two clown fish, Hanna checker, few reef nutrition items! Joined the club and bought another little 5gal AIO tank, successful trip in my eyes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline joelbegt

• Adult
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2019, 22:14:44 »
I picked up a few tester acropora one being a red dragon. I’ve also been on the hunt for some Miami vice zoas and finally found a nice frag which is currently right beside it. 

Offline Agame43

• Adult
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2019, 22:52:35 »

Heinbaugh, Pic #5 is JF Firecracker - Enjoy - slow growth, great color and growth pattern.

Offline Agame43

• Adult
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2019, 22:55:24 »

Jesse, not sure if this helps with the lineage, your Xmas Mirabillis is a Cherry Corals stunner! 

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2019, 14:33:47 »
Rick, google WWC Christmas Mirabilis. Let me know if that is similar to your colony. It sure looks like it could be, compared to my frag anyway. I wonder if CC just didn’t advertise for them lol.

Jesse, not sure if this helps with the lineage, your Xmas Mirabillis is a Cherry Corals stunner! 

Offline Agame43

• Adult
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2019, 22:12:05 »

Jesse,

I could agree attached to this post is the WWC version of the Xmas Mirabillis - does look like mine.

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2019, 07:54:23 »
Thanks Rick. I’ve seen this numerous times in WWC’s eBay listings. I always wanted one but couldn’t justify the $40 shipping. Thanks for hooking me up! He’s quite happy so far. Great polyp extension.