2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Any ideas?  (Read 3713 times)

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
Any ideas?
« on: December 17, 2013, 13:33:40 »
Was wondering if anyone had any ideas for our club? What do you think we need or don't need. Our club runs on participation from its members. So what would you change? Or has something been changed you don't like? Thank you for your input.

Offline itsalifestyle

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: Any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 14:23:13 »
We need to look at getting more involved everyone is busy with life and I'm guilty of not making it to meeting but this is a good group. seems the past couple years post have died off would be great to get everyone more involved have more meeting at hobbiest house to view everyone's tank and help each other out which I think would draw more post and everyone would get to know each other better also find a way to get involved with zoo or aquariums or somthing  to give back to hobby as group also could be a great way to learn.

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 14:25:18 »
I really enjoy this group thanks to officers who do all the work to keep this going and thanks to all member for not be full of drama like most forum

Offline Bucknutz

• OH-IO
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 22:39:48 »
Participation can only go so far when the opportunities are limited.

People will show up at meetings if they're offered.

I'm not sure how many picture contests there were but I don't think it was even close to twelve. Posts have to be made basically begging for a contest to be put up.

When premium memberships aren't getting what they're promised in a club, people move on elsewhere.

I've been a member for less than a year and I've come to love this club. Hopefully we can all work together and make it the top reef club around.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 00:06:19 »
The club has been pretty fun lately. Seems to have some new energy and new folks. Enjoyed the urbana swap. Looking forward to attending a few meetings this year, (hopefully at folks homes), hope to host one this winter. Looking forward to the spring swap I think it is going to be a really good one with some new vendors. I am guilty to at times not getting stuff. I owe tbred pics and write for TOTQ and have been procrastinating.

Offline Myreef55

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 09:41:47 »
Even non reef related fun would be cool. Maybe catch a Dragons game or some kind of event as a group. I think everyone is doing a great job to keep this an enjoyable forumn. Want to thank all the chairmen and everyone who makes it happen.

Offline barboyr

• Fry
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 10:00:10 »
When I went down for the Bib Blue Reef tank tour in KY, one of the houses had a web chat with Tropic Marin.  The guy discussed the chemistry of salt.  I learned a ton. Maybe we can set this up with some one in the middle of the geographics? Bluffton to Centerville is a haul.

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 08:55:53 »
Thank you all for your comments and ideas. Defiantly things to think about and start looking into. Please keep the ideas and feedback coming.

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 10:02:23 »
Hopefully we can all work together and make it the top reef club around.

You mean we aren't already?  :be happy:
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 11:22:10 »
How about a tank round up where we take a sat or Sunday and go house to house look at tanks give pointer and brief help and move on to next

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 23:49:44 »
How about a tank round up where we take a sat or Sunday and go house to house look at tanks give pointer and brief help and move on to next

O lol tank tour. I get. I'm a little slow at times.

Offline barboyr

• Fry
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 09:07:18 »
How about starting a thread for those who would be interested in hosting a tour stop and when would they like it? I am in. For event time, I would say April maybe so we are not tracking wet weather into other people's houses.

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2013, 10:17:49 »
agreed, we are scheduling newport for april(look for that thread shortly) as for the tour... I think june/july maybe a good time, it should be good weather to keep people from tracking in stuff and we have a gap of time in there for something like this.
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline Bucknutz

• OH-IO
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2013, 10:06:20 »
We could turn visiting other members homes to see their tanks into a poker run. Pick up a card at a members house and move onto the next.

Offline Bucknutz

• OH-IO
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2013, 10:09:02 »
another idea could be a frag growing contest. Everyone gets the same frag at the beginning of the year and the person with the most growth at the end of the year wins.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2013, 12:13:33 »
another idea could be a frag growing contest. Everyone gets the same frag at the beginning of the year and the person with the most growth at the end of the year wins.

That sounds like fun.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2013, 12:56:07 »
That sounds like fun.

Ya, Just give Lazy the prize now

Offline barboyr

• Fry
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2013, 15:42:22 »
These ideas are awesome.  Hope we can implement them.

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2013, 16:38:10 »
Ya, Just give Lazy the prize now

Now hold on there, we're not givin in without a fight!

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2013, 18:15:49 »
Who has a large colony we can frag up for this contest. To be far it should all come from the same colony. I'm game.

Offline Bucknutz

• OH-IO
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2013, 18:19:42 »

Who has a large colony we can frag up for this contest. To be far it should all come from the same colony. I'm game.

Maybe we could get someone to sponsor the contest?

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2013, 18:27:53 »
Maybe we could get someone to sponsor the contest?

Hint hint? Lol