2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Getting anemone to host clown  (Read 1921 times)

Offline charlieweaver

• Adult
Getting anemone to host clown
« on: March 13, 2013, 01:27:53 »
So got a bta a week ago and love it. Now first thing I though was getting my clowns to notice. So looked up some ways people suggested and gave a few a try but there did not seem to be any kinda results I tried the pic on the tank and it actally scared the clowns to the other side of the tank of there normal sleeping spot. So I came up with and idea. Not sure if this will hurt them but seems to be getting good results.    So I changed my feeding habits and made sure to spot feed everything in my tank, all corals and fish except clowns.  So each day I first thing I do is go spot feed the bta.  And The clowns are hungry and they do what I want they go get food out of the bta. They seem scared at first but they rub on it a bit then grab a piece of food. ( sometimes times they get robbed by the other fish waitng from them to bring the food out lol). So I think its working both clowns have no problem going in the bta after 2 days of this. they don't sleep there yet but do go in it every now and then and roll around kinda.   

Sent from my HTC6435LVW

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: Getting anemone to host clown
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 03:34:07 »
Sounds like just a matter of time and they will be in it full time

Offline discus513

• Adult
    • Cincinnati Club (C.A.R.E.)
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 06:25:35 »
I'm going to have to try this with my snowflakes and gbt, because they act like its not even in the tank with them and I've had it for a couple months

Offline ReefFrenzy

• Fry
    • Reef Frenzy Foods
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 07:05:32 »
I tried every trick in the book with mu clowns over the course of several months with no luck. Then one morning I woke up and "boom" they were each sleeping in a separate nem camped out and motionless. I don't know if there is a rhyme or reason to it, but it is cool when it happens.

Good luck!
Larry
Owner, LRS Foods, LLC
www.ReefFrenzy.com

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 10:39:52 »
Thats a great idea. Keep us posted.

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 17:49:51 »
Sounds like just a matter of time and they will be in it full time

Big +1
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline charlieweaver

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 12:45:21 »
Well here's and update. The clowns are deffently getting more used to going in the bta and now will go all the way inside at times.  They even now put the food inside the bta if some gets loose they hide it from the other fish its pretty funny the damsels seem pretty mad about it trying to chase the clowns down when they have the food lol. Here's a few pics

Sent from my HTC6435LVW

Offline ohioreef

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Founding Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 18:55:39 »
I love watching my clownfish swim around in his anemone!!