2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Garbage Disposal Accident & Dropped a Coral  (Read 992 times)

Offline Jooak9

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Fry
Garbage Disposal Accident & Dropped a Coral
« on: July 28, 2020, 19:08:57 »
Hey everyone,

Thought I would post a 1 year update on my tank! If you want some entertainment or just feel like watching another persons reef tank on YouTube and to see what someone else has done - below is a link to my 1 year reef tank update! (Make sure to click HD for the best viewing experience)

Also, (CLIFF HANGER MOMENT 😀) Can anyone guess what coral I dropped halfway down the garbage disposal and it somehow is still doing OK??!!

Was it my GSP, Acans, Frogspawn, Hammers? Was it the Lithophyllon? How about the Ricordea or the Rhodactis? A Candy Cane?

Find out that and more right here! 

SPECIAL SHOUT OUT AND A BIG THANK YOU TO Brian (Of Lazy’s Coral House) and the other Ohio Reef member Brian along with many other fellow Ohio Reef members for helping me out on my very first reef tank as well as my first fish tank!

Take care and reef on everybody!

« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 13:23:52 by Jooak9 »

Offline Amstar

• Adult
Re: Garbage Disposal Accident & Dropped a Coral
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 19:31:29 »
Good looking tank and I like your diy projects - turned out great

When you going bigger

Offline Jooak9

• Fry
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 22:14:48 »
Good looking tank and I like your diy projects - turned out great

When you going bigger

Thanks for the compliments my friend!!  For now I plan on sticking with my nano reef and I am going to see how packed and perfected I can get it while attempting to avoid coral warfare!!   

I actually just picked up a couple more pieces from the live sale that World Wide Corals had this past weekend. I am pumped about my new pieces and I will have to shoot another update when they grow out. Currently and in route with a scheduled delivery for tomorrow are a Dragonfruit Monti - (Which I believe to be an encrusting type of Monti and given my small tank size I should be able to hook some folks up here on the Ohio Reef forum in the near future so stay tuned!!) 

Also coming is an encrusting Mystique Cyphastrea AND..... I also won a mystery coral????  I am a little uncertain about this mystery coral though.  Especially considering my tank size and I will be sure to keep everyone posted.  If this mystery coral doesn't fit for my size tank, I may have something to give out here on Ohio Reef for cheap!!   Speaking of which - Tank size and you asked when I am going bigger......

Well, time wise, I believe this tank is about all I can handle at the moment. Especially considering family life and a couple jobs/work life, I think I know better relative to doing something at the moment! I have had a couple creative thoughts run through my mind though!

By the way, did you see my Recordia and have you had any luck with them? Mine has stayed the same size for months. Do you have any advice? I have moved it around a few times but still have not seen results. 

Also, anyone else made any World Wide Coral purchases in the past? If so, how did they turn out? Did you feel a need to quarentine them, dip them etc? I plan to scrub the Monti really good and give it a good dip in Bayer insecticide which has been my dip of choice. I plan to dip the other two corals as well.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 11:41:53 »
A lot of cool ingenuity there. Enjoyed the video, thanks for sharing