2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Magician Paly Acting Strange  (Read 1025 times)

Offline tbred

• Juvenile
Magician Paly Acting Strange
« on: July 09, 2013, 20:46:32 »
My magicians have been acting weird for the past few weeks.  At first I thought they were just closing up because my hawkfish was perching on them.  So after a week, I moved them to a new location where the hawk did not perch.  I left them there for two weeks.  No change, still closed up.  I then tried moving them a little higher in my tank with slightly more flow.  Its been a week there, and still no change.  Does anyone have an idea what I can do to help these guys out?

On a side note, my tank parameters have not changed during this time period.  Parameters listed below.

Temp - 78F
Sg - 1.025
Ph - 7.8
No2 - 0 ppm
No3 - 0 ppm
Po4 - between 0 and 0.25 ppm

Offline Steve

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: Magician Paly Acting Strange
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 21:22:07 »
What about CAL, ALK and MAG. Also did you dip them when you got them. Might want to check for critters

Offline tbred

• Juvenile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 21:57:35 »
They were dipped before being placed in my tank, and again after I found flatworms on the mushroom beside them, about 1.5 months ago.  Currently I don't have the test kits for Cal, Alk, and Mag.  When first put in the tank, they opened and acted normally.  They have been in the tank for about 3 months now.

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 23:56:32 »
Mine have always been very very touchy bordering on finicky.  They only grow in one tank, which happens to be my frag tank.  I can't keep them in my DT for the life of me.  I would say lower the light and flow and see what happens.  Mine never seem to like a lot of light.