2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Help with acro's or why can't I keep any Blue SPS?  (Read 6788 times)

Blown76mav

Re: Help with acro's or why can't I keep any Blue SPS?
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2009, 20:01:58 »
Are you running them 24/7 or do you allow a dark period? I noticed that when I ran mine 24/7 my chaeto did not grow well. Now that I have it on a reverse photoperiod my chaeto is flourishing.

I use a daylight CF from Wal-Mart.

I run a reverse schedule with an hour over lap on each end.  I checked with Marc (Melev) and he said the bulbs I had would work, just not as fast.  Its only been a few weeks with both bulbs, I had a growlight of some kind sitting 8 inchs above the water so I'm hoping that was it.  My lights now sit within 4" of the water and are super bright.  I have all sorts of Coraline down there now and I have seen some new featherdusters/tubeworms.  So I'm hoping that is turning around for me.

Reefd Up

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2009, 21:51:44 »
Or Sin(x)/x for the Engineer/Math folks   :laugh:

Ugggh, we ARE such dorks!  As soon as Scott mentioned the sine curve, I immediately thought sin(x)/x...and thought about being a dork and posting...then you beat me to it.  :laugh:

Offline verper

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2009, 17:18:03 »
Thanks for the offer but you really don't have to do that, this was my fault not anyone else's.

Its not a problem if you still want a frag - its on me.

Reefd Up

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2009, 19:30:43 »
Yeah Lonnie, that's what this club is about.  If someone loses a frag...we give them a frag...if we lose that same frag or another later...that person can help us back out.  :)

Blown76mav

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2009, 19:35:05 »
I appriciate it guys and gals.  Thats what makes this club so great.  I've met so many good people I can't imagine a better reef club.