2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Kalk reactor  (Read 2174 times)

Offline slandis3

• Lifetime Premium Member
    • Slandiscreations
Kalk reactor
« on: December 19, 2011, 10:40:19 »
Ok I need to know for sure how many people would like do a kalk reactor work shop. I am thinking about having a January workshop/ kick of meeting but would need to know how many people would be want to attend due to limited space at my house. I will keep track of the people who want to come for the workshop here in this thread.

Also if you want to build one let me know what pump you are going to use for it as well as how you are going to feed the water to it.Also need to know how tall you want it. 2' is the minimum I would make it, I run mine at 3' or taller. Once you posted up the info I can send you a list of what parts to buy or a price list and I can pick them up for you.

Hunger 4' 1/2" feed external pump
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 17:20:41 by slandis3 »

Offline Todd W.

• Adult
Re: Kalk reactor
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 12:26:03 »
I'm in.  What size/type pump is needed?

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 13:39:15 »
I'm in.  What size/type pump is needed?

I have had that one in my car for the last week LOL.  Lets meet up tomorrow and I'll give you the one for the school :)
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline slandis3

• Slandiscreations
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 14:04:17 »
The pump can be a maxi jet 1200 or as big as a reeflo pump. I personally use external pumps like iwaki, little giant, blueline They last a lot longer than the magdrive style pumps. The size of pump depends on the size of your rector.

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 14:58:32 »
The pump can be a maxi jet 1200 or as big as a reeflo pump. I personally use external pumps like iwaki, little giant, blueline They last a lot longer than the magdrive style pumps. The size of pump depends on the size of your rector.

The preferred method is to use a pump that has a sealed impeller. The kalk eats up the impeller/impeller shaft fairly fast. I once bought a maxi-jet 1200 from a member, only find out that the impeller had been robbed for a replacement for another maxi-jet that was running a kalk reactor.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 17:03:13 »
im down
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline slandis3

• Slandiscreations
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 17:16:48 »
im down

How tall and what pump are you going to run?

Are you wanting to mod your or just build a new one.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 17:18:44 »
new one and the iwaki pump  thinking 4 foot
SIZE DOES MATTER