2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Coral  (Read 767 times)

Offline Ohioreefjr

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Juvenile
Coral
« on: November 07, 2020, 17:30:50 »
After a trip to Gerbers, my wife and I were extremely disappointed by their coral selection. What they did have was about dead or overpriced, which brings me here. My wife and I are looking for some cheaper coral to begin stocking our 150 gallon tank. Not looking to spend an arm and a leg, but looking to possibly purchase a few corals, or a group of corals for our tank.

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
Re: Coral
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 18:33:40 »
Sounds like we need to take a road trip over to Columbus. I think there are several highly rated stores near Columbus.

Offline dbjonesjr

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 20:40:51 »
Couple nice guys around here that I’d imagine would sell you some if you bought in some quantity. Matt’s Corals over in Columbus is nice - but the prices reflect that. I’d say when it comes to retail stores it’s hard to get healthy corals for anything short of pricey.

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 22:38:38 »
you should plan a trip down to Fairborn.  Jesse (sweetreefohio) has a great setup to sell out of his home.  I am just a few miles away and have a lot of sps and some good beginner corals.  Jesse is the zoa expert and is getting a great selection of sps also.  Other then Lazy's coral house there arent any local shops that are nice at all.  You can shop lazy's online store and he will let you pick up your purchase from his porch to save shipping.  Great selection and amazing quality.  I know Steve in middletown sells some great stuff also.  I find you will get better corals and selection from fellow reefers unless it is from Lazy of course.
Jeff

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2020, 00:00:14 »
PM sent.

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2020, 08:58:16 »