2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Alabama Funeral Home lost a body.....  (Read 1966 times)

Offline Viggen

Alabama Funeral Home lost a body.....
« on: August 24, 2011, 15:13:25 »
Being in the funeral home business I always hate seeing stuff like this happen.

http://news.yahoo.com/alabama-funeral-home-accused-losing-womans-body-030822886.html
300g tub o fish

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
Re: Alabama Funeral Home lost a body.....
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 15:25:09 »
WOW!? 1 million in punitive damages, really? Maybe she got a case of the zombie... Joking aside, this is a bad mistake I understand, but I think burials and graves are alittle too much imo; so maybe that is why I am not seeing it as serious as they are making it out to be... accidents happen we are all human, and no one was physically harmed. but we do live in America, who can we sue next.

I do find it very odd that the news actually tried to look up the mothers age at death, and then they felt it worthy of notating that it wasn't supplied... who cares about that at all, and what relevance does it have to any of the article!?
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 15:30:45 »
nice
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline Viggen

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 15:38:55 »
LOL...... it just depends on the person.  To some having a gravesite to go to is a necessity while other times dumping cremains in the Colorado Rockies (a family I met with yetsterday) is sufficient.   Cremation or Burial doesn't really matter to me.... I just think families need a place to go to if they so choose, in this case they will probably never know........

To me it seems like the Cemetery is trying to hide something, not sure it's the fauly of the Funeral Home. 
300g tub o fish

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 16:06:40 »
I use a Hornady 5.56mm TAP round in my AR just in case of a zombie attack.
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 16:10:01 »
No, I completely agree with you viggen 100%... I just think asking for 1 million more ontop of the 2 million compensatory is bogus, disgusting, and disrespectful.

I can completely understand if you need to sue to reimburse yourself for the time and expenses needed to find her due to the cemetery's blatant disinterest and neglect or to make them find her period. But asking for 1million more ontop of that for yourself is completely uncalled for in my mind. They claim they are sueing because they are being "forced" to remember some of the saddest days of their lives. I dont know about them or anyone else for that matter, but when I visit a grave I remember the day they put em in it and the time leading up to it just as vividly as the good days, it's something I have absolutely no control over thinking about.  You don't bury someone in a grave and bring them flowers because your main goal is to forget or not relive those days(all of those days)... I find it digusting and disrespectful that they are playing to gain a profit off of this sad and terrible mistake... It may just be me that feels this way, but I find that just about as aggravating and disrepectful as the cemetery loosing the body.

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 16:17:24 »
I use a Hornady 5.56mm TAP round in my AR just in case of a zombie attack.

first off you should be ashamed of yourself for using 5.56 imo... you would greatly benefit from replacing that reciever to accomdate something more along the lines of a .308 :P ... That being stated, though I completely trust the accuracy of the 5.56 fired from that platform at a distance, and it's effectiveness on a live able bodied target at that distance, It would not be my main zombat weapon ;)

If you were curious, Mine is a little beauty named Helen, of the ak47 descent ;) and her bite is much worse than her bark ;) She rides duet with my 870 MCS chambered in 3" magnum, and with a little 1911 kimber action for the kicker ;)...

I can't wait... The question is not if it's going to happen, But rather when and are you prepared.

Offline Viggen

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 17:03:04 »
LOL.... what a great thread this is turning out to be......

Yea, I kow what you meant but it didn't come out properly in my response :) 

So sad people trying to get rich off of stuff like this.  Makes me wonder what the plate on whatever car they should buy should read.... LOST maybe?? 

Unfortunantly I know nothing about zombie killing.... but my wife if obsessed with vampires & all that stuff. 
300g tub o fish

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 21:29:30 »
LOL.... what a great thread this is turning out to be......
Unfortunantly I know nothing about zombie killing.... but my wife if obsessed with vampires & all that stuff. 

I would've laughed at that until I watched my wife with a Oiuja board one night and the board "told" her stuff about my great grandmother that only my mom knew and was 500 miles away at the time.  It even named my mom in a pet nickname that only my mom and my deceased 50 years great-grandmother ever knew.  I didn't even know it and my mom had never told anyone.  Truth is stranger than fiction.
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 21:33:16 »
first off you should be ashamed of yourself for using 5.56 imo... you would greatly benefit from replacing that reciever to accomdate something more along the lines of a .308 :P ... That being stated, though I completely trust the accuracy of the 5.56 fired from that platform at a distance, and it's effectiveness on a live able bodied target at that distance, It would not be my main zombat weapon ;)

If you were curious, Mine is a little beauty named Helen, of the ak47 descent ;) and her bite is much worse than her bark ;) She rides duet with my 870 MCS chambered in 3" magnum, and with a little 1911 kimber action for the kicker ;)...

I can't wait... The question is not if it's going to happen, But rather when and are you prepared.

I have a DPMS lower that will carry an LRT-SASS in .308, another lower that is being built into a 6.5mm Creedmoor unit, and a third lower that already has the Mini-SASS barrel for it in 5.56mm. 

Offline Todd W.

• Adult
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 07:12:01 »
Great movie... I believ #2 fits this thread   

Zombieland Rules

Cardio
The Double Tap
Beware of Bathrooms
Wear Seat Belts
No Attachments
The “Skillet”
Travel Light
Get a Kick Ass Partner
With your Bare Hands
Don’t Swing Low
Use Your Foot
Bounty Paper Towels
Shake it Off
Always carry a change of underwear
Bowling Ball
Opportunity Knocks
Don’t be a hero (later crossed out to be a hero)
Limber Up
Break it Up
It’s a marathon, not a sprint, unless it’s a sprint, then sprint
Avoid Strip Clubs
When in doubt Know your way out
Zipplock
Use your thumbs
Shoot First
A little sun screen never hurt anybody
Incoming!
Double-Knot your Shoes
The Buddy System
Pack your stain stick
Check the back seat
Enjoy the little things
Swiss army Knife

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 08:16:21 »
those r some good rules
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 09:51:02 »
those r some good rules
+1.  Except you forgot one; when in doubt, run like hell.  Ties in with "don't be a hero".

Offline Todd W.

• Adult
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 10:47:44 »
+1.  Except you forgot one; when in doubt, run like hell.  Ties in with "don't be a hero".

and Cardio

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 14:06:44 »
im to fat to run i would use all the rounds but one and the last one would be on my self
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 14:30:51 »
im to fat to run i would use all the rounds but one and the last one would be on my self

Just eat the zombie, I bet that will really mess with em psycologically.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 17:27:16 »
i bet it would
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 22:06:34 »
Mmmmm... zombie.  The other green meat.