2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: ALert New London (the band you should love but haven't heard yet)  (Read 781 times)

Offline The WuSue

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
A while back, I tried to spread the word about a great band in Columbus. That was a effort to get them played on CD 101. It worked! Alert New London is rapidly moving up in the local music scene and has been recognized by several music critics, reporters, DJ's and more than a few people that just enjoy some good tunes.

Recently, they were nominated for the Columbus Music Awards (yeah I didn't know it existed either) which is a big deal there.  The reason that I'm writing about all this is that there is again a chance to vote for them (link below). But it gets better! This time instead of blindly voting for something that I've selfishly begged for, there is a sound byte next to the link! This is their current single (honestly the whole album should be there) and if you like it, please click that you do. If you really like it I can arrange to get a CD for you (reefers discount) because spreading the good word is so important in non clearchannel media.

http://thecolumbusmusicawards.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=289:alert-new-london&catid=2:-alternative&Itemid=82
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 10:40:54 by The WuSue »

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
Re: ALert New London (the band you should love but haven't heard yet)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 21:54:12 »
Link broken?
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline The WuSue

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: ALert New London (the band you should love but haven't heard yet)
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 10:42:04 »
Should be fixed now...  :laugh: