2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Ohio Reef Hosted Images  (Read 2290 times)

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Ohio Reef Hosted Images
« on: April 18, 2014, 15:29:16 »
ImageShack changed their web service which broke our integration. We have therefore re-enabled Ohio Reef hosted images. To upload images click the Attachments and Other Options in blue to display the picture upload interface. I have tested it with ios devices and it works okay. Please let us know if it works on android as well. (Note we don't backup up the images directory. They are just to large to maintain a secondary copy)

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
Re: Ohio Reef Hosted Images
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 15:30:57 »
Good work!
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline Westeri

• Juvenile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 16:32:15 »
Thank you

Offline Bucknutz

• OH-IO
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 09:47:44 »
A gallery might not be a bad idea to integrate into the forum. Each member could manage their own pictures and galleries then.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 12:00:43 »
Great idea, let me work on getting that together.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 00:35:52 »
A gallery might not be a bad idea to integrate into the forum. Each member could manage their own pictures and galleries then.

I haven't been having good luck with this. So far I have tried three types of gallery's. They all lack an important feature. None of them add to the posting page the users gallery. Say for example you upload 100 pictures to your personal Ohio Reef picture album for future use. You should be able to browse and pick from that list of pictures when posting in future. None do that, you have to go to your gallery first, find the picture you want, copy the url for that picture then find your way back to the thread you want to show that picture in and paste that url in. It is silly. They are all basically like photobucket. Althogh hosted on Ohio Reef it is seperate from your posting page. Basically not a good integreation. I am still on the hunt for the best solution but wanted to let you know I got about 4-5 hours in this and nothing has turned up that really makes it worth while.

I did however figure out a way to show this on posting page... If you have a photobucket account you should see your alblums below

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 00:37:57 »
I see mine.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 11:44:22 »
Not working for me....I just get a login page....   and it won't accept my photobucket credentials.