2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Out with the old in with the new....  (Read 11538 times)

Offline Viggen

Re: Out with the old in with the new....
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2008, 18:42:21 »
looks GREAT!!!

I can't tell, did you pain the lights? 

300g tub o fish

Offline JoeAyers

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2008, 22:38:05 »
Thanks all. I did not end up painting the pendants. I'm going with a metal skin on the stand an am going to pull in the unfinshed 'brushed' look.

Offline aquavista99

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2008, 21:17:24 »
nice.  what are you going to be running in your sump?  mangroves?  macro algae??

Last time I spoke with Joe, he said he was going to use a deep sand bed and live rock for the sump (no macro or mangroves).

Looks great, Joe!

Offline JoeAyers

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2008, 22:16:31 »
Last time I spoke with Joe, he said he was going to use a deep sand bed and live rock for the sump (no macro or mangroves).

Looks great, Joe!

Thanks Tim.

As Tim said I don't plan to run any macros or mangroves. I haven't used either in more than a year. I pretty much rely on a huge skimmer and lots of water changes for nitrate control. I can always add a tank underneath if I decide I have to have additional help.

Joe

Offline JoeAyers

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2009, 16:09:05 »
Some Pics from today. These are the best of the 185 I took. So you can imagine how poor the others were.  :laugh:

Offline Baggerhog

• Adult
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2009, 17:47:12 »
Wow did you actually clean the glass or is that why you couldnt get a great pic? lol jk
Andy
Batavia, Ohio
500 Reef with 320 gallon sump setup

bigfalcon36

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2009, 19:41:02 »
Joe...where did you get that Pagoda Cup Coral at?  i love the pic of the mis-barred Clown too.

Offline UDJustin

• Adult
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2009, 21:15:22 »
I would say those are naked clowns not mis-bars
If you didn't know I'm kind of a big deal...

bigfalcon36

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2009, 21:40:51 »
almost a naked...has a white dot on the bottom left...either way it's sweet

Offline UDJustin

• Adult
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2009, 21:50:27 »
thats the anenome
If you didn't know I'm kind of a big deal...

Offline JoeAyers

« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2009, 22:19:27 »
Wow did you actually clean the glass or is that why you couldnt get a great pic? lol jk

You know I always clean it right after you leave.

almost a naked...has a white dot on the bottom left...either way it's sweet

It's an ORA naked (you are seeing part of the anenome, there is no white dot) and a ORA standard or whatever you would call them.

Joe...where did you get that Pagoda Cup Coral at?  i love the pic of the mis-barred Clown too.

Thanks.  I got it from Just Coral about 2 years ago.

bigfalcon36

« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2009, 08:38:21 »
Dude, i think that was my cup coral that I traded to him when I took down my tank and had to move!  i recognized it...I'll see if can dig a picture up of it.  Was it mounted to a small piece of live rock with aquamend?

The right side of the cup has a small indentation...looks like you've rotated it and that indent is on the bootom of your pic. 

Offline JoeAyers

« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2009, 11:49:08 »
Dude, i think that was my cup coral that I traded to him when I took down my tank and had to move!  i recognized it...I'll see if can dig a picture up of it.  Was it mounted to a small piece of live rock with aquamend?

The right side of the cup has a small indentation...looks like you've rotated it and that indent is on the bootom of your pic. 

When I received it it was not mounted to anything but could be the same one. I'll look for the indent.

Offline Baggerhog

• Adult
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2009, 10:28:26 »
I think Joe should post some pics soon. He has been even more lazy than I was about updating his tank thread. Get on it slacker!
Andy
Batavia, Ohio
500 Reef with 320 gallon sump setup

Offline JoeAyers

« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2009, 10:33:14 »
Yeah yeah yeah,I'll get right on that. I haven't cleaned the glass since my last update in January so I'll need a few weeks to get the glass cleaned up enough to take pics.

Joe

Offline aquavista99

« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2009, 22:39:08 »
Any updates, Joe. How are your Anthias Fish doing? Did you add the black egg crate to prevent  the fish from jumping? Any problems with Anthias and cleaner or peppermint shrimp?

Offline JoeAyers

« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2009, 08:34:23 »
Hey Tim.

Anthias are no more. Not 100% sure what happened but I think they were more or less electricuted. Left for work with 12 fat, healthy anthias and came home to 12 dead floating anthias. Put my hand in the tank while pulling them out and got a nice zap. Everything else checked out okay, so I'm thinking it had to be the electricity.

As of now I'm not using the eggcrate. I don't have any jumpers so no need.  Also, no shrimp in my tank. I have lions now so I don't want to provide that expensive of a meal.

Some somewhat recent pics. Quality isn't great. I've removed my SPS and added a couple of Angelfish. Oh and the clown was eaten by one of the lions after living harmoniously for 6 months.

Offline aquavista99

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2009, 21:29:04 »
Very nice updates, Joe! Those lionfish are sweet! Sorry to hear about your Anthias.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2009, 21:32:18 »
looks great
SIZE DOES MATTER