2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Need reef rock for a FOWLR  (Read 1359 times)

David Schmaus

Need reef rock for a FOWLR
« on: January 20, 2010, 08:39:21 »
Just finished setting up a 55 for my son.  I have the live sand and everything is running.   I am in need of reef rock.  Im guessing I will need 75-100 lbs but would be interested in any smaller quanities.  Kettering.

Thanks!!!

David
937-241-7834

Reefd Up

Re: Need reef rock for a FOWLR
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 17:40:48 »
Hi David!  Welcome to the club...and we welcome your son as well! 

I have about 100 lbs available of dry reef rock (doesn't have any of the nuisance algae, hitch-hikers, etc...but it also doesn't have any of the beneficial bacteria.)  I'm asking $2 per pound if you'll take all of it (75-100 lbs...I'm not that picky.)  If you want, I can give you some water/sand from my aquarium to help kick-start your aquarium as well.

I'm located in Huber Heights, but I *might* be swinging down that way this weekend. 

Offline ghurlag

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 17:45:59 »
Take her up on it, David.  Reef'd Up is meticulous and extremely knowledgeable.  Her advice is sound and based on experience.  She won't steer you wrong.  Her rocks, sand, and water are probably among the safest to get you started.

Reefd Up

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 17:47:48 »
LOL...  *blushing*  Um, thank you for the compliment!

Offline ghurlag

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 17:49:55 »
I'm just sayin' - you have a lot at stake (in regards to keeping a healthy tank and not watching money go bye bye on bad decisions), you have done a lot, and you are very willing to help out.  :)  Eagle Eyed Zoas are looking great in my tank, btw, but I digress.

David Schmaus

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 19:19:23 »
that sounds good,  I will take all of it...  I work for myself so am flexible..   Are you going to be around during the day tomorrow?  We could meet somewhere near your area.  (Mcd's or something)

Reefd Up

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 19:33:24 »
I actually work until about 5pm (I can't get out early tomorrow.)  I can meet you after that or earlier on a different day (earliest I can leave is 2:30pm).  How much do you want?  Any particular shapes or sizes (or you can just come over and pick it out...either way). 

David Schmaus

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 19:43:10 »
Actually I forgot I have band practice from 4:30 to 6:30 tomorrow.  How about Friday afternoon?   If you have 100lbs I will take all of it if thats cool.   I will put it in the 55 for now.   I'm going to work on a nano reef and will be able to use some of the smaller pieces down the road.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 19:48:32 by David Schmaus »

Reefd Up

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 20:42:11 »
Friday afternoon is good.  What time?  I should have right at 100 lbs for you (I promised someone else 30 lbs of rock), but should have right at enough for both of you (I added up what I think I have...and it's about 130 lbs).  I'll measure it exactly before I come, but there should be plenty.   yay!!!  I'll have my sunroom back instead of covered in aquarium stuff.  :)

David Schmaus

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 21:45:35 »
As early as you can in the afternoon.   Give me a buzz tomorrow and let me know when and where.

Reefd Up

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 22:05:35 »
Argh, I forgot I have a Dr.'s appt at 2:30.  So, I should be able to get home around 3:30pm, I'd guess.  I'll give you a ring when I get home tomorrow. 

David Schmaus

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 22:40:37 »
sounds good!

Reefd Up

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 17:17:46 »
Thank you!

David Schmaus

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 18:11:03 »
Hey, just finished putting the rock in.   Looks great..  I have PLENTY!!  Thanks again and it was good meeting you and your husband.   I will keep you updated on the new nano project...