2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: A Sad Sad Day!  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Baggerhog

• Adult
A Sad Sad Day!
« on: February 06, 2010, 23:06:10 »
Mike, I am very sorry to see you step down as a the vice president. I really appreciate all you have done for the club all the years I have been involved with Ohio Reef. You have made the club a better club. I truely understand why you have stepped down, but I was hopeful you could keep the club on track. I to have concerns and I wish Scott (Verper) would step in and reclaim the role of President. If there is anything you need just reach out. I hope to be considered as one of the many friends you made through the club. I hope you stay in touch. Keep us up to date on your tank. This is a sad sad day. I hope other members chime in and thank Mike for all his hard work through the years of involvement. You have been a great member of this club, Thank You!
Andy
Batavia, Ohio
500 Reef with 320 gallon sump setup

slandis3

Re: A Sad Sad Day!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 23:12:33 »
Thanks Andy. I had a good time working with you last year for the frag swap. I consider both you and Joe friends. I will be on the boards this year for a while.I agree about Scott, the club was much more fun and laid back in those days but all good things must come to an end. I am real curious who Nikki and Rick will appoint to take my place.I guess only time will tell.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 23:50:39 »
man im sorry it came to this  mike  it should have never got this far we all just made a bad desion
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline UDJustin

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 08:18:28 »
I dont like u mike ;D
If you didn't know I'm kind of a big deal...

Offline xXTheWendigoXx

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 11:24:00 »
Pff Jerk!  ::)

If nothing else, please stick around the boards as long as possible. You're fun and a valuable resource and it would really suck to not have you around.

Offline ~reefchik~

• Adult
    • Real Job:  HunnyBuns Nursery & Reborn Supply
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 21:35:51 »
I'm sorry to see anyone come to this decision for the reasons you stated.  I don't know you, but I do sincerely hope the issues can be worked out and soon. 
Stick around... this too shall pass. 
-Steph
--------------
What do you call an old reefer with no tank? 
:-(
-----------------------------

slandis3

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 21:48:41 »
Stick around... this too shall pass. 

Once the new VP is chosen I will most likely leave the club for good. I hate to see something I have been a part of for so long fall apart. I think once I am gone as well as the rest of the "trouble makers" the club will be a better place. Maybe then our board member can stay away from the computer more that 30 minutes without worrying about what will happen.

Offline ~reefchik~

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 22:06:24 »
I think I understand. 

Well, if you find it too stressful to stay, and watch what happens to a group you have been part of for a long time, then you probably are better off leaving.  Life is too short to be part of something that upsets you.  You'll find another place to belong and grow to love it, I'd bet.

I just think it's sad that things come to this.  Yet, I also believe that things tend to work out in the long run.  As I stated on the Elephant thread, groups have a way of evolving. 

Forums are just a microcosm of the world, really.  "Can't we all just get along?"  Apparently not, and more's the shame.  We're all the poorer for it, IMO.
-Steph
--------------

slandis3

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 22:21:07 »
Its not stressful, its just sad that it has come to this. By staying I now am under the microscope of the board and a few mods that will hunt for reasons to rid me and a few others that have been labeled as trouble. So why stay and have everything I say looked over with a fine tooth comb? Where does the fun come in? After all that's what its all about right? Friends, fish, corals, and fun. Very few of these things are on the board anymore. I spend more time trying to look up laws and try to understand them then I do working on my tank. Where is the fun in that.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 22:25:42 »
i understand mike you have helped me with all my problem with my tank i will help you with urs if you need it
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline ~reefchik~

• Adult
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 22:26:35 »
Yes, sad.  I'd find it stressful.  I used to lay awake nights thinking up ways to counter what people were posting about me and my organization and wonder what jollies they got out of spreading complete lies about people like that.  Then again I'm a girl, and an artist, and so of course by definition, sensitive.

Tell ya what, though.  I've grown myself one heck of an alligator hide in the past couple of years.  Things that used to make me cry now I laugh and say "whatevah, sucka" and don't give it another thought.

Yeah,  you should be able to relax and enjoy your hobby online with like-minded people.  
-Steph
--------------

Offline ghurlag

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 22:26:58 »
Mike, if that's what it has come down to for you, I don't blame you a bit.  I am certain you got involved in the administration of the club with the best of intentions and with the best of outlooks on the possibilities.  And if that has turned into something that is taking away from what you love doing, then, yes, it's time to back away.  I'd hate to see anyone  leave the club, but man, you gotta do what you gotta do.  I just hope things get ironed out before it comes to that.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 22:28:36 »
i think we all do
SIZE DOES MATTER