2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Journymans Card in Corals  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Learning_The_Hard_Way

• Adult
Journymans Card in Corals
« on: April 27, 2010, 22:06:41 »
All,

Has the club ever thought about having a series of meetings or functions at 5-6 members houses to see thier set-ups , understand why they did what they did, and discuss in detail how they got their system funtioning for them (could be done over 6 months)? 

I have read for months, but seem to learn the most when I get in front of a tank and can ask questions.  I know it would be very basic for the advanced members to sit through (for a monthly meeting), but would help some of the younger members in the club.  I was wondering if some of the senior members would not mind hosting this for a small group 3-4 max?  I would get great benifit even if someone would let me come over see your set-up and talk reefing.  Let me know if anyone would be intereseting in this ?

Offline HUNGER

Re: Journymans Card in Corals
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 22:10:15 »
when we have some of our meeting at our members house every one is more than welcome to ask how every thing works
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 22:12:45 »
I will 1 up your idea  :laugh: A tank crawl!!! I assume we have enough folks that dont drink for DD's. Grabs some beer and drink a few at each house while we talk about the owners tank!!  Everyone that is comming to the May meeting is going to see my tank, but I also volunteer to host any small group that would like to check it out anytime (with or without drinking  ;D)
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 22:15:13 »
that sounds cool i wonder if we could do that one month thats free for a meeting we could hit like 4 or 5 house's
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline UDJustin

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 07:39:35 »
Your also more than welcome to come check out my set up im not too far from you I live in centerville and we can talk reefing all you want.
If you didn't know I'm kind of a big deal...