2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Lazy's Fish Bowl  (Read 82937 times)

Offline Blown76mav

• Adult
Re: Lazy's Fish Bowl
« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2010, 10:28:14 »
Looks good Brian, love the light mover idea (gonna have to steal that one).  Excellent work I would love to see it sometime in person. I didn't recall reading but did you by chance provide a way to shut off the pump from upstairs?  I wish I would have every time I fed I had to run downstairs, turn off pump then back down to turn on.  After a while it was too much and I said screw turning off the pump during feeding.

On a side note with basement sumps, I would recommend covering the tanks in the basement.  After a year of having one I can say I'm sooooo glad not to have one anymore in a few weeks.  I have stuff on the other side of the basement that has never been by the sump rusting, not to mention our new washer and dryer (can't wait to see what they look like inside...)

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #151 on: August 16, 2010, 17:13:31 »
Some of the evo's.

Just emailed Hydor.  they send free modified bushing for evo owners.  Or you can use a dab of superglue to prevent it from slipping lol
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline TechGuy

• "Fraginator"
« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2010, 21:11:32 »
Just emailed Hydor.  they send free modified bushing for evo owners.  Or you can use a dab of superglue to prevent it from slipping lol

Warranty! Get the bushings lol

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2011, 21:49:08 »
So every time I'm out at Coral Ranch, I hear of this awesome coral that he was saving for me, but Brian badgered him into selling it him.   So when are we going to see some photos?

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2011, 22:45:57 »
So every time I'm out at Coral Ranch, I hear of this awesome coral that he was saving for me, but Brian badgered him into selling it him.   So when are we going to see some photos?
+1
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2011, 22:51:33 »
I didn't recall reading but did you by chance provide a way to shut off the pump from upstairs?  I wish I would have every time I fed I had to run downstairs, turn off pump then back down to turn on.  After a while it was too much and I said screw turning off the pump during feeding.

Lonnie, I have a RK2 controller upstairs mounted in the canopy and is connected to the basement power strip via 25' Cat5 cable. Down stairs the same controller is hooked up to a laptop.

I have been slacking on the pictures. Real happy with the way everything has turned out. I will get some new pictures up real soon Paul and include the shot of the 6" x 3" Strawberry Shortcake Acro that Rich got for his favorite customer.  :-Poke

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2011, 08:54:22 »
...that Rich got for his favorite customer.  :-Poke

OHH Snap... BURN!! :)
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline coral ranch

• Adult
« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2011, 19:55:49 »
Paul I have some Austrailian corals coming in, including 4-5 acro colonies. I told them not to deliver untill Friday just for you.

Offline coral ranch

• Adult
« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2011, 19:59:04 »
Almost forgot Brian I fragged the acro above the right raceway.I have a couple left.

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2011, 20:18:44 »
Brian, your tank setup is just really awesome.  Thanks for sharing it with us!

Kev
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2011, 20:54:18 »
Thanks Kev. Rich what time you getting in Friday? Just kidding Paul hope you get something nice.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2011, 20:59:21 »
Thanks Kev. Rich what time you getting in Friday? Just kidding Paul hope you get something nice.

You beat me to this comment :)

Actually my tank is getting pretty full, so I just like to stop out and see if I can find something special.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #162 on: February 06, 2011, 19:09:27 »
Here is a Red and Green Blastomussa Wellsi I got from the Coral Ranch at the 2009 Ohio Reef frag Swap. It has done well in this new tank and seems to really like the light it is under. I took some other pictures but they didn't come out to good. The strawberry shortcake acro isn't picture worthy yet Paul.

Offline Secondgen

• Lifetime Premium Member
« Reply #163 on: February 06, 2011, 19:30:54 »
Your picture looks fine to me Brian. Keep up the good work. You have some of the best looking coral I have seen.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #164 on: February 06, 2011, 20:13:42 »
wow that looks great
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #165 on: February 06, 2011, 20:29:46 »
Blastos look great.   How much light do you have yours in.....how about water flow?

As for pictures, how did you get a perfectly black background?

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #166 on: February 06, 2011, 23:07:46 »
I have them under 400w Metal Halide, on the sand, off center from light getting about 300 PAR. However for the picture I moved the light directly over them so they were likely in about 500 PAR for the shot. The flow they are in is likely between low and moderate.

As for pictures, how did you get a perfectly black background?

How this occurs I don't have any idea. Gary Parr answered this question once and all I remember him saying is it take a lot of light on the subject. Perhaps someone with knowledge could explain it. Also with the right picture you can help it a bit with Gimp or Photoshop like I did here.

Original from camera

After edit in CS4

« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 19:23:25 by Lazylivin »

Offline Dshu

• Fry
« Reply #167 on: February 07, 2011, 19:24:51 »
Excellent work. Very impressive. Is that a gymnastics mat on the side?

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #168 on: February 07, 2011, 19:41:45 »
all i can say is wow
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2011, 19:32:53 »
Just sharing some pictures of my male Hoeven Wrasse (Halichoeres melanurus) from Coral Ranch

Offline sticks_wife

• Adult
« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2011, 19:35:03 »
That is a beautiful fish!

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2011, 19:45:33 »
I think so too, they make a great addition to most community tank, known pest eater and are typically very reasonably priced.

Offline Kenn

« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2011, 20:27:31 »
Love the colors ! Great looking fish ... is it going through your hypo-salinity treatment ?

Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2011, 20:34:05 »
It already wen't through the hyposalinity treatment. I do currently have 3 other fish in Hyposalinity right now. They get out on 4/1, Six line wrasse (Pseudocheilinus hexataenia), Moorish Idol (Zanclus cornutus) and a Bicolor Angel (Centropyge bicolor)

Offline Kenn

« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2011, 20:39:35 »
It already wen't through the hyposalinity treatment. I do currently have 3 other fish in Hyposalinity right now. They get out on 4/1, Six line wrasse (Pseudocheilinus hexataenia), Moorish Idol (Zanclus cornutus) and a Bicolor Angel (Centropyge bicolor)

Are you worried about the bi-color having a taste for $ corals $ ?
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >