2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: 5th Annual Ohio Reef Frag Swap - March 23rd 2013  (Read 14866 times)

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: 5th Annual Ohio Reef Frag Swap - March 23rd 2013
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2013, 12:15:20 »
I made about 50 frags last night, they should be fully encrusted by the swap.

Offline Mussin

• Adult
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2013, 07:42:58 »
I will be there for sure this year!! 

Jeremy

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2013, 00:06:05 »
As items are beginning to role in from club supporters for the raffle thought we would share some information about it and how to get free raffle tickets.

How the Raffle works
At the swap there will be a staging area with several tables setup. The raffle items will be displayed on the tables along with a collection cup next to each item. Place your raffle tickets in the collection cups for the items you wish to win. The raffle tickets can be purchased at the swaps entrance where you pay admittance fee. When the raffle has started someone will mix up the tickets in the collection cup and blindly select one. If it is yours you win that item. The more tickets purchased the better your chances of winning and there is no limit to the number of items you can win. However you must be present to win.

How To Get 3 Free Raffle Tickets
In addition to purchasing raffle tickets you can obtain free tickets for posting items for sale on Fragswapper. For every three unique items you post on Fragswapper you will receive one free raffle ticket up to a maximum of 3 free tickets. Swap vendors are excluded from receiving free raffle tickets. Your tickets will be waiting for you when you arrive. Just tell the cashier your Fragswapper email address

Note: A unique item on Fragswapper no matter how many "quantity" counts as one item. i.e. One item with quantity of nine is considered one item.

Below is the final vendor list. We still have a few early-bird hobbyists spots available which comes with Power and an 8 foot table to setup a small tank. Their are also smaller 4x4 tables available if you want reserved space for those without a tank or power requirements.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2013, 00:10:33 »
Raffle items are starting to roll in. Here are a couple of items received so far.

Offline ReefFrenzy

• Fry
    • Reef Frenzy Foods
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2013, 06:58:57 »
I have made plans to attend this frag swap and say hello to some of you folks I have been chatting with over the past few months.  :) :)

I also donated several packs of Frenzy Foods to the raffle, but because I did so late in the game my banner didn't make it on the above listing  ;)

I will have a ton of our food blends at the show, so please come find me to see, smell and taste our products!

See you soon,

Larry

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 07:58:35 by ReefFrenzy »
Owner, LRS Foods, LLC
www.ReefFrenzy.com

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2013, 19:30:45 »
Everyone thinking spring?   Just over 3 weeks until the Swap.   

Fragswapper is heating up with new corals daily.   Get Registered and Take a look.  FragSwapper

LRS Frenzy Foods has partnered with Marine Solutions to have plenty of their Frozen Food for sale at the swap.   For those who have not had a chance to try it.  It is an clean, fresh product that will drive your tank into a "Frenzy".

Offline ReefFrenzy

• Fry
    • Reef Frenzy Foods
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2013, 21:27:41 »
Wall Tank, thanks for posting the announcement that we are coming and the kudos about our foods! Our friends at Marine Solutions have been very generous to allow us to squeeze into their space to be able to meet customers and answer any questions about our food blends. I plan on arriving in OH on Friday and hanging out at Marine Solutions store for most of the day.

I PROMISE you have never seen a food product that is as fresh and stimulates a feeding response as LRS Food Blends does. I'm sure you are skeptical so before the swap please read the posts here: http://www.larrysreefservices.com/Testimonials.html

You will not be disappointed if you try our foods, as they are made by hobbyists FOR hobbyists, blended by hand one 100 pound batch at a time....  ;)

Larry
Owner, LRS Foods, LLC
www.ReefFrenzy.com

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2013, 17:34:12 »
Only two weeks left to the big event. If you haven't been on fragswapper yet their are over 500 corals, equipment and invertebrates listed for sale. As many know some of the hottest best price items get reserved/pre-sold  from www.fragswapper.com Their are some steals to be had from Mrfish, high quality corals from Mantis and Tangsrule and of course the undeniable knock your sock off items from AV99. Many other folks have some great items you don't want to miss out on. Below are just a few pics of items that are available now. Click here to register for free and see what you have been missing.

Offline bbtm64

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2013, 07:42:19 »
I'd love to come and check it out but I work nights and the hours of the swap just won't work with my sleeping schedule.
Brent McCloskey

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2013, 09:31:09 »
I'd love to come and check it out but I work nights and the hours of the swap just won't work with my sleeping schedule.

That's easy to fix. Just don't sleep. Lol

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 21:52:45 »
Are there any members close to the swap that has a secure location Dirk can keep his trailer parked for a few days or so?
If so please let me know asap. Thanks!

Offline ohioreef

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Founding Member
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2013, 22:29:37 »
Looks like I might actually be able to make it this year! Somehow ended up with the day off.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2013, 17:59:32 »
Are there any members close to the swap that has a secure location Dirk can keep his trailer parked for a few days or so?
If so please let me know asap. Thanks!

:sSig_bump:
Just bumping in case some has space and missed this, It is for Dirk Dry Goods. He has a trailer that he would like to store a couple days before the swap in a locked up garage. If you can help contact him directly at reefgrip@hotmail.com, Let us know if you were able to help him out.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2013, 12:09:28 »

SATURDAY IS THE BIG EVENT!

Doors open at noon for general admission, 7am for Vendors, 8am for Earlybirds and the raffle starts at 3:00. The address is 313 S. JEFFERSON DAYTON, OHIO 45402.

We are expecting an excellent turnout. Most of the live stock vendors have made special orders with their suppliers to bring in the most exotic and colorful corals.

Just like any other swap the first half hour will be a madhouse with people rushing through the door anxious to get set up and treasure hunting. Please be patient as everyone settles in.

Don't forget to print off your checklist from fragswapper.

Lastly but not least here is the final swap layout

Hope everyone has a great time. See you Saturday!

Offline Orphek

• Fry
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2013, 22:26:19 »
Ok, I have been thinking long and hard about this one. Ohio Reef is almost my home club and since I love my home club I want to give you guys the best possible deals...so...here is what I am going to do. I will have a limited supply at the swap of the PR-72 units in daylight and moonlight configurations. They are normally $329 each and I'll be selling them to you and you only for $275.

It's a 72 watt dimmable pendant fixture. We are giving one away in the raffle and more will be available at the booth. This is what the fixture looks like.

The other special is on our Atlantik fixture. I can't post any specifics on pricing but let's just say you won't want to miss this one..... Mention this post and I will reveal the price to you when I show you the fixture. This fixture is the best deal on the market for medium to large tanks. You aren't going to believe it.
http://orphek.com/orphek-products/atlantik/

Offline Coraltastic

• Fry
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2013, 18:25:04 »
Just wondering how I let uall know I am a member of Worcester at the frag swap to get in free?

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2013, 19:14:05 »
We have a checklist at the door of all Ohio Reef Premium Members so you are covered. See you Saturday

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2013, 12:54:56 »
Is everyone PUMPED? Just days away!

Offline Bucknutz

• OH-IO
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2013, 13:04:17 »
Is everyone PUMPED? Just days away!

Can't wait.

Offline Sonnyred

• Adult
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2013, 13:19:08 »
I'm super excited but my wife and fifth third is telling me to calm down.

Offline vickiwilson

• Adult
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2013, 14:21:19 »
Just curious, is this being held at the same location as last year?  Hopefully i'll be able to make it and get some nice pieces.

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2013, 15:00:46 »
Just curious, is this being held at the same location as last year?  Hopefully i'll be able to make it and get some nice pieces.

Yep same place. Hope you get to swing by.

Offline vickiwilson

• Adult
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2013, 15:14:20 »
Great!  I'm just n fragswapper now looking to reserve some things so i should definitely be there.

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2013, 15:17:32 »
I'm super excited but my wife and fifth third is telling me to calm down.

ROFL......I actually had my wife coming....until she busted up her knee today.   :-(

Offline Sonnyred

• Adult
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2013, 15:51:09 »
Neo sorry to hear that. My wife was coming too but she got called for work. Oh well at least my 2 year old daughter will enjoy the event with me. Hope your wife feels better.