2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: toad-stool  (Read 3097 times)

Offline Amstar

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
toad-stool
« on: January 09, 2008, 13:07:02 »
My toad stool that I have became unattached from its rock and I have tried to attach it to things with rubber bands and just jamming it in a hole in a rock.  It seems every morning I find it laying on the floor of the tank.  whats a better way to get it re-attached to a rock so that it will open up fully.

MechanicalEngineer

Re: toad-stool
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 13:54:54 »
I've glued about 10 toadstools so far with cyanoacrylate super glue to rock before with no problems.  They won't be terribly happy for a day or two, but they recover quickly.

You can also take a plastic toothpick, shove it through the base, and glue the toothpick to a rock.  The toadstool will grow over the toothpick and attach to the rock naturally.

You can take those plastic paper binders (the ones that slide over a stack of papers on the side...like a term paper binder), cut a small piece off, and clip it over the toadstool...and glue that to a rock. 

You can also take two pieces of rock, squish the toadstool between them (but not too tightly), and rubberband the rocks together.  Eventually the toadstool will attach to both rocks & you can remove the rubberband.

Hope that helps!

Offline Amstar

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 16:47:41 »
where do you get this type of super-glue??

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 23:53:11 »
Everywhere.  It's just Superglue Gel...make sure it's the gel kind.  If you're worried it's not, just read the ingredients.  I've seen it at Big Lots, Advance Auto, Walmart, Meijer, wherever. 

If you're directly gluing the coral, don't leave the coral out of the water longer than you have to.  The superglue heats up as it dries, which can irritate the coral.  I shoot for about 20-30 seconds...just long enough for the glue to start to cure.

slandis3

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 00:03:25 »
I am a big fan of the just coral glue.