2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: off to texas!!!  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Hunter21

• Adult
off to texas!!!
« on: January 04, 2007, 12:28:31 »
welp...I leave for texas today!!! I'm very excited!!! a good friend of mine is getting married sat. and I'm gonna be a bridesmaid!!! that's why I haven't been on lately..been so busy getting ready for this wedding and school...and working 6 days a week didn't help either!!! lol everyone be safe and have a great week!!  ;D
Erin

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
Re: off to texas!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 12:34:13 »
Cool!  Have fun Erin!!! 

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 05:28:26 »
Erin are you back from your trip yet?  If so, how was it!  ;D

Offline Hunter21

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 12:45:03 »
yep....just got back a few days ago! it was great..... had a lot of fun, it was so cool as I was chosen as a bridesmaid and they had a total of 800 people show up to this wedding.....and it's hard to picture 800 people till you see it in person and I felt really privileged to actually be chosen out of all those people! Also, there's an epidemic going on down there right now, about 5 minutes outside of san antonio, there's a HUGE fire going on. Apparently, it's on a man's property, he has a giant mulch pile on his land and someone came by and set fire to it, and this has been going on since thanksgiving. They've poured gallons upon gallons of water on this fire and it's done nothing. The projected date for putting this out is 6 months to a year. It's only getting worse, The town has a huge cloud of hazy smoke over it and it smells like BBQ, it's very bad, you go outside and you just start coughing like crazy, so needless to say, I had to deal with my allergies my whole trip down there. The counties getting ready to pay to put all seniors, children and anyone with asthma and allergies into hotels away from the area otherwise people are gonna start getting sick and dying off. It's a real shame! sorry for the long story, but figured I'd forewarn anyone who is deciding to go to SA! lol  ;D
Erin

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 13:02:25 »
Glad to hear you made it back ok Erin.  Glad your allergies didn't get the best of ya!  I would have had a hard time breathing. I think I'll stay in Ohio for a while.  ;D

Offline ohioreef

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Founding Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 15:37:38 »
Sounds like those coal fires that you hear about every now and then. You can't do anything but wait for it to burn itself out.