2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Ohio Reef Newsletter  (Read 3176 times)

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Ohio Reef Newsletter
« on: March 19, 2011, 20:30:18 »
Looking for several members to volunteer putting together a quarterly newsletter.  This includes researching and authoring articles, identifying the structure, content, frequency and method of electronic distribution. Those that are interested post up here or send me a PM. You will get access to a private board to discuss and plan the newsletter.
Thanks

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: Ohio Reef Newsletter
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 16:16:13 »
 :sSig_bump:

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 19:12:38 »
Not sure if you have enough help with this, But I would be happy to provide a section or help with the editing etc...
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 19:19:46 »
Great! You are the first to offer so thank you editor and chief. jk I will get the special forum setup for you right away. Hopefully a few more will have interest in participating.

FYI: Those that would like to do this but are hesitating due to an unknown amount of work please know that there is no expectation here. If you want to just write one article one time or do a reoccurring blog that is fine. It can be what ever you make it. This is all volunteer so we appreciate any and all assistance.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 19:30:56 »
In addition to authoring those that enjoy and have interest in graphics, web page editing/creation or photographer would all be useful as well.

Offline DarinSchmidt

• darinschmidt@gmail.com
  • The wisest man knows he knows nothing at all.
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 10:17:28 »
In addition to authoring those that enjoy and have interest in graphics, web page editing/creation or photographer would all be useful as well.

I have a feeling I might do well with helping do the graphics.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 13:05:14 »
Awesome! I was hoping you would

Offline DarinSchmidt

• darinschmidt@gmail.com
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 13:08:25 »
lol, i figured thats why you mentioned the graphics thing

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 20:49:23 »
I might be in.
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline DarinSchmidt

• darinschmidt@gmail.com
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 07:56:22 »
I might be in.

might be? I think you are!

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 02:04:36 »
Board created and access granted. Anyone else want in?

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 19:09:49 »
Any people interested and writing a/some small articles for the quarterly newsletter? or helping in any way...

This list is subject to change, however so far we have the following few topics as examples:

Club News--This spot would be for basic club info

National/Local FragSwap & Aquarium convention news--
Title says it all

Featured Quarterly Member--we would randomly take one member and bring them into the spotlight(if they agreed to it), doesn't all have to be tank related, but that would be the main intention and just getting to know the members better.

Quarterly Product Spotlight/Review--
Title pretty much says it all(review a new product every quarter, doesn't need to be new to the market)

Featured Quarterly Fish/Coral/Invertebrate--
Just post some pics and bio's on these species to give people a better knowledge of what options are available for putting in there tank...we would pick a new set randomly every newsletter. List pro's and con's of having them in your tank, what to expect to keep em alive, etc

Announcements--
Birthdays,new family additions,promotions, soldier returning home, etc...(anything worth announcing)

Member's corner--
Section available for any member who feels like doing any kind of informational write up for the newsletter.

Tank Tips/Hints--
Like to add maybe 5 simple little tips to make life with a tank easier(I would like to rotate them out every quarter)

Sponsor's Board--
Through random selection we would allow one or two of our sponsors list some of their inventory, prices and sales, history etc...

Highlights/Events--
Title says it all, Club meetings, local swaps, basically just a layout of the upcoming events for the quarter

Comedy/Comics--
Title says it all

If any of these topics strikes your interest please feel free to post on here your interests and we will see to it that you are added to help with composing the newsletter... Even if you don't feel like writing every month we can work around that...Or if you just wanna help with items to be reviewed, layout etc... At a out of town or local swap not thrown by Ohio Reef?, snap some pics and send us a description of your thoughts...This is a great way to help the club out and any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 08:47:57 »
Any people interested and writing a/some small articles for the quarterly newsletter? or helping in any way...

Has this topic gone any further? I'd be willing to help!

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 08:54:38 »
It sure has, I've begun setting up the articles... just let us know what interests you that you'd like to help with and I'm sure lazy will get ya the appropriate access

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 09:08:05 »
Featured Quarterly Member--we would randomly take one member and bring them into the spotlight(if they agreed to it), doesn't all have to be tank related, but that would be the main intention and just getting to know the members better.

Quarterly Product Spotlight/Review--Title pretty much says it all(review a new product every quarter, doesn't need to be new to the market)

Featured Quarterly Fish/Coral/Invertebrate-- Just post some pics and bio's on these species to give people a better knowledge of what options are available for putting in there tank...we would pick a new set randomly every newsletter. List pro's and con's of having them in your tank, what to expect to keep em alive, etc

These are possilbe topics I could see myself helping with...That and making your life more difficult! :sSig_jk:

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 10:11:19 »

Quarterly Product Spotlight/Review--Title pretty much says it all(review a new product every quarter, doesn't need to be new to the market)

Featured Quarterly Fish/Coral/Invertebrate-- Just post some pics and bio's on these species to give people a better knowledge of what options are available for putting in there tank...we would pick a new set randomly every newsletter. List pro's and con's of having them in your tank, what to expect to keep em alive, etc

These are possilbe topics I could see myself helping with...That and making your life more difficult! :sSig_jk:

I like the idea!

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 10:50:37 »
I like the idea!
:smiley-happy112:8

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 21:45:37 »

Has this topic gone any further? I'd be willing to help!

I missed this some how.  :th_tomato: You have access now to the Headlines Board. Anyone else have a bit of time to help out? let me know and I will add you to.

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 13:01:41 »
I missed this some how.  :th_tomato: You have access now to the Headlines Board. Anyone else have a bit of time to help out? let me know and I will add you to.
Ahh, no worries lazy! I'm done throwing my :th_thspaz: fit! Lol