2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: What is everyone doing with their tanks lately?  (Read 41773 times)

Offline chromiumlux

Re: What is everyone doing with their tanks lately?
« Reply #150 on: October 27, 2014, 22:54:04 »
Most of you know by now I am selling off most all of my tank setup. I am downsizing. To what tank, I am not sure yet. I am thinking of doing a NUVO Fusion all in one. I am kinda depressed to tear down. I hope to have something going by winter's end. In the meantime, the break is welcomed and will give me time to reflect on everything I learned not to do in the hobby....lol. The 150 is sold. Fish will be gone tomorrow. Corals are selling. Come get some deals and help me get my new tank.....lol. I will list the rest when all corals and fish are gone. My present position at work has demanded long hours. No quality time to devote to a large tank and this is not fair to the tanks inhabitants. So, I will hang around here while I am tankless and read all the threads from beginning to end this winter....lol
Chromiumlux

Offline ThaDon

• Adult
« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2014, 18:04:28 »
So I got bored and this is what I did. I don't really needed to add a skimmer but wont hurt.

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2014, 22:55:00 »
What have I been up to, well my 180g is down and out of the house.  The new Ocenaic 144g is on site, but the stand need repaired and refinished.  Hope to get the tank on the stand soon.

Offline delta1190

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #153 on: December 23, 2014, 16:42:14 »
Thanks to Gary and his hard work my stand for my 75 is done now comes the cosmetics and the plumbing its plugging along slow but sure .
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 19:46:38 by delta1190 »

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #154 on: December 23, 2014, 17:17:57 »
Gritting my teeth!

Offline Miles

• Adult
« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2014, 17:55:07 »
I recently had a case made for my phone based off the patterning on my male snowflake clown.

Male Snowflake

Colorized in Gimp

Finished Product

Offline delta1190

• Adult
« Reply #156 on: December 23, 2014, 19:48:07 »
thats cool i like .

Offline chevydoc

• Juvenile
« Reply #157 on: December 23, 2014, 20:21:49 »
That case is really cool!

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #158 on: April 08, 2015, 18:17:20 »
Most of you know that I sold my 150g DD. I am now just getting around to selling off the equipment and other odds and ends. I am not getting out for good. I am merely taking a long break from the hobby. I plan to stay on Ohio Reef. In the meantime I am going to plan a new build or keep saving for a Nuvo. We will see.
Chromiumlux

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2015, 03:30:37 »
Battling Cyano and patiently waiting for BRS to get some Skimz skimmers in so I can put a new skimmer on my system. Corals seem to be growing well now.

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2015, 11:24:08 »
Battling Cyano and patiently waiting for BRS to get some Skimz skimmers in so I can put a new skimmer on my system. Corals seem to be growing well now.
I swear by using lanthanum chloride.  I was seeing some cyno awhile back and I dosed 3 or 4 doses of lanthanum and the cyno went away.  My tank was totally gone a few years back and I had a forest of hair algae and starting dosing the lanthanum which brought everything back to life.  Let me know if you would like to try some.
Jeff

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2015, 00:24:20 »
Added a Skimz SM203 DC skimmer, new Avast ATO, 2 new fire fish and a new mandarin dragonet.

Offline Topekoms

• Adult
« Reply #162 on: April 13, 2015, 01:14:43 »
Battling coral losses......acros seem to not like my tank at the moment had a crash back in feb due to a 2 part over dose while I was out of town. Everything is stable but somethings just don't wanna stay alive. So working on setting up a 115g frag tank that will be separate from my DT going to move most my frags in to this then as they grow out going to try to move them back to my DT.

Offline KCNano23

• 29 Gal Nano Cube
  • Juvenile
« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2015, 10:44:50 »
Just started hand dosing in my tank getting my kh up to 9.5 and ca is right at 430.  Just bought a new OceanRevive Arctic-T247 LED Aquarium Light.  Hung it over the tank yesterday and so far VERY pleased with the colors!!  Starting the intensity at 40% on both channels.  Once I get my lvls dialed in and my light acclimated, i will be adding more corals to fill the tank!

My next project is to redo my sump to try and add a refugium.  Not sure if my current sump is big enough so might need to have one made.

I will post pictures of my setup later today.

Offline Keith92

• Keith92
  • Adult
« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2015, 18:54:19 »
I am enjoying my Tunze ATO (Thanks Chromiumlux) it is working great. I also starting dosing 2 part and trying to find the right daily dose.

Offline hdryder

• Fry
« Reply #165 on: October 27, 2015, 15:30:07 »
Replacing my power compact light with a t-5. The bulbs are due and I'm ready for an up grade.

Offline Kenn

« Reply #166 on: October 27, 2015, 16:24:25 »
Watching a Candy Cane Pistol Shrimp (new addition :) ) completely rearrange a rubble pile while his new friend, a Yellow Watchman Goby (2 year old tank resident) stands guard

:D

Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline Grymtooth

• Adult
« Reply #167 on: October 28, 2015, 04:15:11 »
Added the Ghost Skimmer, and letting the tank "settle" as I have been doing a lot in it lately. Thinking of letting it settle in a bit before adding much else. Although I am still looking around for a small hammer, although not sure if round or wall, depends on what I find.

Offline mtamorrow

• Mike's Red Sea Reefer
  • Adult
« Reply #168 on: October 30, 2015, 14:19:21 »
tank is about done cycling now.......hope to get my 1st fish soon!
It costs HOW much?!

Offline Kenn

« Reply #169 on: October 30, 2015, 15:05:47 »
Really liking the layout   :-ThumbUpsm
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #170 on: October 30, 2015, 17:30:17 »
I agree.  Lots of places to put new corals.  Looks like someone needs to go shopping.
Jeff

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #171 on: October 30, 2015, 17:35:13 »
Adding new RW-15 pump this evening! Have really neded the extra flow.

Offline mtamorrow

• Mike's Red Sea Reefer
  • Adult
« Reply #172 on: October 30, 2015, 17:51:39 »

I agree.  Lots of places to put new corals.  Looks like someone needs to go shopping.
Jeff
thanks! I'm looking forward to going shopping! I think a watchman goby will be my first fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It costs HOW much?!

Offline mtamorrow

• Mike's Red Sea Reefer
  • Adult
« Reply #173 on: October 30, 2015, 17:52:36 »

thanks Ken. Took a couple tries but I am liking it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It costs HOW much?!

Offline soldiers4christ50

• Adult
« Reply #174 on: October 30, 2015, 18:13:14 »
You will definitely get some more flow with the 15😀👍🏻