2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Rock Flower Anemone Questions  (Read 874 times)

Offline smoothie7

• Fry
Rock Flower Anemone Questions
« on: July 27, 2014, 19:39:03 »
Picked up this guy at the LFS yesterday. Was told it is a rock flower anemone. Brought it home and placed it on a rock about 20% up from the bottom of the tank. Turned the power heads off so that he hopefully would use his feet and make a permanent home there. Came home 3 hours later and he was on the bottom. So I decided if that's where he is happy then I'm cool with that. Turned the power heads back on and they flipped him almost over on his lid. First of all id please? Second of all what should I do? This thing is so light weight and almost floats. I need to turn the wave makers back on eventually. This morning before the lights came on, I decided to move him back to the rock I placed him on last night. He has not moved today but doesn't look any better yet. Is it just a matter of giving him time?

Offline tbred

• Juvenile
Re: Rock Flower Anemone Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 22:04:37 »
Just give him a little time.  With mine, I have tried to find spots with a little hole it can stick its foot in.  My current one just walked 4 inches to a new spot since I rearranged the tank about a month ago. 

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: Rock Flower Anemone Questions
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 22:31:44 »
They will move around until they find a happy spot.   If it is healthy, it should latch on pretty quickly to something.