Welcome to Ohio Reef!

As a guest you can only see a small portion of our online content. Please register it is free and only takes a minute. Click here to Register now. 

Author Topic: A little bit Fishy  (Read 117 times)

Offline dbowman

• Premium Member
  • Adult
A little bit Fishy
« on: May 06, 2021, 17:29:11 »
I stopped by to browse on the way home from a Reds game yesterday. these caught my eye but no label so i asked. after looking them up on the store terminal the worker identified them as Vanderbilt Chromis. said that they were like Green Chromis very peaceful community fish

Offline dbowman

• Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: A little bit Fishy
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 17:36:19 »
i looked them up when i got home and i believe they are called a lot of things: Behn's Damsels, black and gold chromis, black and gold damsel, and bicolor chromis, among others; nice coloration as juveniles but dull adults

Offline SweetReefOH

• Premium Member
  • Elder
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 18:26:22 »
Itís a nice store. I bought several tangs there a while back and got a good package deal. I like their 1.024+ salinity while using copper setup.

Offline dbowman

• Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 15:12:09 »
the brick and mortar store has been sold. the new owner seems very nice. the name has changed for the store: Monroe Aquatic or something. according to the ALBF facebook page the new owners are Tim and Casey a married couple who are known to the community. Big Fun, I wish Good Luck to the new owners on this venture, I will definitely check back as they settle in.