2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: 130g in-wall tank build  (Read 6132 times)

Offline guynamedfleck

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Juvenile
Re: 130g in-wall tank build
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2019, 19:21:11 »
Well i have gone and done it...

in a fit of insanity, i went ahead and bought a Neptune Apex, dos, and trident... stay tuned for the install.

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2019, 21:11:45 »
Congrats! You’ll love it!

Offline guynamedfleck

• Juvenile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2019, 12:21:01 »
Well she still needs a little cleaning up, but we are all installed and running. I even found a new use for that samsung tablet that Verizon suckered me into buying years ago!

Offline guynamedfleck

• Juvenile
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2019, 18:54:19 »
Another quick DIY project in an effort to get the DOS up and running.  I was not a fan of the relatively small volume that the retail reservoirs offered, so opted to utilize the wasted space under the sump stand.

The base containers are 14 liter steralite containers from the dollar store. I added in a 1/4" push connector for the feed line and a 1/4" grommet for an vacuum release. After that, I added a shelf with a 5 degree angle underneath the sump stand and all was good to go.  The angled shelf is to combat that large surface area and allow the reservoir to run as close to empty as possible.  I may add in a couple of apex optic sensors later down the line to let me know when the reservoirs are getting low. I figured $50 for a pair of optics later on is better than $200 for the shiny Neptune acrylic DDR and a measly 4 liter capacity.