2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: New 150 gallon build in the works  (Read 2986 times)

Offline dbowman

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: New 150 gallon build in the works
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2020, 20:49:39 »
i would relax about it I do not think it will harm the contents whether animal or vegetable

Offline Tony

• Juvenile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2020, 20:52:40 »
Yeah, I mean i'm in agreement with you.  I've just never mixed in the tank in the past because I had livestock in when I started mixing.  My first tank I coughed up a gross amount of money for the premade water because I had no idea what I was doing and a LFS at the time recommended it, lol.  I didn't find this forum until I had my tank up for a little while.  The only reason I was concerned about iron was due to the last photo I had posted where it's far more orange than yellow.  Just figured it was worth checking because I don't want any critters to suffer due to any ignorance on my part.  I appreciate the help :)
No escape from the underwater world.  It always pulls me back in.

150 reef project
SSI Master Diver

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2020, 22:05:16 »
Hey from you avatar picture it looks like you have found the perfect covid prevention method:)
Jeff

Offline Tony

• Juvenile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2020, 22:40:44 »
Haha, yeah.  We actually already caught it back in March though.  It was no joke.  My doc says i'm not allowed to dive for a while, because it messes with the blood vessels between the heart and lungs, and you don't want reduced O2 levels when you're diving in a pressurized environment.  All kinds of bad things can happen.  They are talking potential reinfection risks though, so if that's the case, i'm going to be underwater anytime I can once I get the go ahead.  Diving is great.  It shuts out all the busy sounds of the outside world.  No talking, no traffic noise, no airplanes, just the fish and your bubbles :)  I find it super meditative.
No escape from the underwater world.  It always pulls me back in.

150 reef project
SSI Master Diver