2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Aquascape help  (Read 993 times)

Offline Ohioreefjr

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Juvenile
Aquascape help
« on: September 26, 2020, 00:38:12 »
My wife and I are currently in the process of cycling our 150 and aren’t too fond of one portion of our aqua scale so we are planning to redo that portion. Does anyone have suggestions on best designs for creating unique aquascapes? We saw something like what is in the picture and didn’t know is someone knew where to get something similar or if we’d have to try and recreate it.

Offline Agame43

• Adult
Re: Aquascape help
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 13:42:17 »

Aquarium Artisans in Cincy will begin to carry and or make these type structures - of course it will be demand driven. Making these is not very difficult, tools needed: gloves, safety glasses, rock, some use adhesive to start, chisel/flat screwdriver, hammer, tie wraps, E Marco 400 reef cement or NYOS Cement, PVC small diameter or acrylic rod, drill with larger bit and a good chunk of time. There is also a great BRS video on this as well. The only watch out to make the cement bond effective is to push it in from the sides and not try to do a 'Brick layer method or rock/cement/rock' . Hope that this helps a bit, I have made numerous structures for myself and helped my buddy make about 7 structures for his 280g tank.

Cheers
[/font]

Offline Warhawk937

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 00:19:24 »
Bulk reef supply posted a good video on aqua scraping

Offline Ohioreefjr

• Juvenile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 21:12:33 »
Thanks guys! This is our current setup, and honestly it is slowly growing on us, other than a few small changes we want to make