2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Apex Jr  (Read 939 times)

Offline ohioreef

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Founding Member
Apex Jr
« on: January 03, 2021, 15:56:29 »
Have a question about controllers, I found an Apex Jr “orange label” with an EB8, and temp probe for $200.

I’m not familiar with the Apex controllers, is that a good price? Is an Apex Jr worth getting or should I look for something newer?

The same guy also has one with EB8, temp probe, pH probe and display for $250.

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
Re: Apex Jr
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 09:10:37 »
Being a jr model without any probes or display I wouldn’t think that is all that great of a deal. I believe you are limited with the jr also. I would look for at the very least a classic or the newer style apex. I would think if you watched reef2reef you could find a classic set up fairly reasonable. I believe the classic will do everything the new one will do other then it won’t support the tritan.
Jeff

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 09:13:53 »
Thank you for the advice. I was already to jump on it and the thought maybe I'd better step back seek some advice from someone more knowledgeable on controllers. I had an original Reef Keeper years ago, but that's the extent of my knowledge.

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 17:33:56 »
Being a jr model without any probes or display I wouldn’t think that is all that great of a deal. I believe you are limited with the jr also. I would look for at the very least a classic or the newer style apex. I would think if you watched reef2reef you could find a classic set up fairly reasonable. I believe the classic will do everything the new one will do other then it won’t support the tritan.
Jeff
I reread the sale post and it is actually an Apex Classic not Jr.

Does that change your thoughts any?

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 22:15:40 »
I would do a search on r2r and see what they are selling for.  I would say if you can get the display and ph probe with the classic for 250 it would a good deal.
Jeff

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 22:40:40 »
Thanks again. I’ll do some looking around R2R and see what they’re going for. Haven’t been on there much. Doesn’t seem as user friendly to me. Guess I’m too used to RC.