2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Hello from Toledo!  (Read 1512 times)

Offline LikeRichMahogany

• Egg
Hello from Toledo!
« on: January 31, 2021, 23:06:21 »
Hello all! I'm about a year into my hobby at this point and I'm looking to meet some like-minded people. t seems there isn't a large presence of reef clubs in Northwest Ohio, but I did find this place through Reef2Reef.

For now, in the next week or so I am looking for someone local, an hour or less from my home, who is a hobbiest selling frags! My dad is in town and the hobby is something we share, and we're looking to get a bunch of frags, so feel free to reach out if you're selling!

Some things about me:

I'm an unofficial disease/QT Expert, at least it feels that way, after learning the hard way. In my One year I've experienced a die off due to Velvet twice, and another die off due to  Flukes, as well as experience with Ich, bacterial infections, intestinal parasites, uronema, lymphocystis, and I'm about gosh darn sick of it. I've started my new tank, with all new everything, and every fish coral and invert is going through a mandatory QT. I'm doing formalin dips, PraziPro dips, general cure treatments, copper treatments, acriflavine baths, medicated and vitamin enriched foods, with things like selcon, kanaplex, and the use of antibacterial/antifungal medications as preventatives hand in hand with Seachems focus. I never thought in a million years I would run into so much fish disease in such a short period of time. I'm happy to share my experience so that others don't run into similar issues, and even happier to hear from others what their experience is like.

For now, in the next week or so I am looking for someone local, an hour or less from my home, who is a hobbiest selling frags! My dad is in town and the hobby is something we share, and we're looking to get a bunch of frags, so feel free to reach out if you're selling!

Offline Heinbaughb

• Adult
Re: Hello from Toledo!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 00:05:04 »
Welcome to the club! The fish disease issues can be quite troublesome. Low stress, good food and a large (or appropriately sized) UV sterilizer is your best bet long term. It sounds like you are itching to plant some frags. I live in Dayton and my niece goes to Toledo for college. I could ask her if she would be willing to run the occasional frags up there for you when she goes back and forth. I can't make any promises but it's an idea.

Offline thepipbull

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: Hello from Toledo!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 10:53:18 »
welcome LikeRichMahogany
looks like you are on the right path after dealing with so much right off the bat.
Heinbaugh, told me to reach out to you. I'm in Monclova not too far from you if your in Perrysburg and have around 600 gallons of frag tanks. everything from low end to the high end rare stuff.. I'm sure I can make some time this week if you want to stop by
feel free to shoot me a text 937-689-5002
Chris